BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, March 03, 2007

et voila!

presenting, in all its splendour, the Fiddlesticks Peacock Feather Shawl. i love it, love it, love it.
the yarn is my own hand-dyed laceweight in an unamed colourway.. similar to Grape Juice but with a bit of greeb toned black to it. i'm very happy with the result! and it only took 65 grams to knit on 3.25mm needles. and its plenty big enough. i highly recommend it to anyone, the pattern is very clearly charted and well presented.

went to SnB on thursday and I'm very glad i did - met some newbies including the lovely twitchy fingers :) I always find it bizarre when people say they read this blog without commenting... maybe i'm a braver commenter than some. please, say hi! i welcome all, even if you like crochet!
i've started a sweater from Rebecca 29, just finished the front piece. it's really very simply constructed, the roaming ribbing does all the shaping work for you. i dont think it will be something i want to wear on very bloat-y days, but i love the colour and am enjoying the knitting. its simple enough to be mindless but not boring... and it feels so bouncy and springy. the wool is some i bought at the merino show - 500g for $30. its an 8ply crepe and hasn't got the slightest hint of an itch. i doubt it will pill either. all in all i'm quite happy with it!
its a deep forest green, quite a good colour for me and it looks nice and vintage too. i think the pattern looks very 1940's as well. well, the sleeves aren't quite right but the random leaves at the top of the meandering ribbing and all the eyelets scream 1942 to me. its lovely.

not much else to say. i'm slowly on the mend. the dr has given me til wednesday for the stitches to be examined again - i went in yesterday but he said it was too soon. it still hurts like hell but i'm not limping much anymore. oh and my leg spasmed the other day causing me to spill hot soup on my wrist so now i have some lovely burn blisters too... but i'm fine, really. at least i'm getting lots of knitting done, right?

ciao!
Ms Spider

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At March 04, 2007 2:28 am, Blogger Carol Tomany said…

    WOW this is fabulous!! I am posting on my blog pictures of patterns which we distribute that have been personalized by the knitters who have knit them. Your hand dyed yarn is wonderful. Any chance of a picture. Carol info@infiknit.com

     
  • At March 04, 2007 10:20 am, Blogger Bells said…

    Spidey, you know you are my lace hero, don't you? When I grow up, I want to be you. Well done! I'm so impressed I even called hubby in from the next room to admire your work. Gorgeous !

     
  • At March 04, 2007 10:29 am, Blogger Kari said…

    Wow...the shawl is stunning! I love the colors! :-)

     
  • At March 05, 2007 10:32 am, Blogger AR said…

    Wow! So pretty! Absolutely beautiful!

     
  • At March 05, 2007 1:07 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    Lovely spider, just lovely. :)

     
  • At March 05, 2007 1:57 pm, Blogger gemma said…

    ok so now I will post to say I have been reading your blog since buying some yarn from you on ebay (best socks and gauntlets I have every made, thank you for the rainbow wool). Hope you leg hurries and gets better. Love your shawl, you have inspired me to try lace, 10cms into a lace scarf. Gemma

     
  • At March 05, 2007 5:25 pm, Blogger April said…

    Oh my word, that's absolutely gorgeous. Great job! I'm ever so jealous.

     
  • At March 06, 2007 8:09 am, Blogger DrK said…

    whats not to love?! it is, as ever, divine. nice work ms s.

     
  • At March 06, 2007 7:12 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Beautifully beautiful, Ms Spidey. How do you knit them so damn fast?! I think you must be magic.

    I love the jumper design, very fetching, as my Nanna used to say ;) Looking forward to seeing it for real.

    Glad your leg is healing, despite causing you to burn your wrist - at least your knitting fingers were spared!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home