BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

so chumpy you can carve it

Well... where to start?

Obviously i have been a very slack blogger of late. Stupid life getting in the way of recreation again.

Firstly - Prac was good. My report was good, my classes went well and i learnt heaps. On the other hand I am still completely exhausted from the whole shemozzle and now Uni starts again (did i mention that prac was during the Uni 'study break'? nice one, eh?). So I'm not dead, I just look like i recently was.

Uni is... Uni. sitting in the corner whispering "shouldn't you be reading something more boring than Agatha Christie?".

Yesterday was Sherpa's birthday (and Nisi's!). All tres exciting. He's 21 too now, so I don't have to feel so old. I had sort of decided a few years ago that i was through with dating younger guys... but at least til february i can pretend he isn't, right?

Haven't moved in yet which is a pain. Have been playing in the garden alot, planted my corn and some dill yesterday, and my peas are about to flower. the roses both have leaves galore and the blueberry is budding nicely. We need to buy some rope so we can hang the hammock - then just try to remove me from the house! the creepy alien housemate is moving out a month early so we can start to move the house around a bit... maybe a lick of paint (or at least a hefty drenching in some sort of anti-fungal spray). I really like the house, and am in a happy situation of being able to sew... so the truly dry-retch-inducing curtains wont be too much of an issue to remove. Go the tab-top i say!

And as i trickle down... knitting. knitting and spinning. hmmm.

Finished my shawl. Foot is for scale. I like it alot. Very soft, warm and.. well i know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's me.

Finished Sherpa's birthday socks. (no pic)

Knit a sock out of my own handspun. It is so soft and warm and lovely and i think i may be converted. And i chose fibre with lurid yellow in it so my mother won't be overly tempted to steal it. Taph, I know i said it was too fine - i got around this by navajo plying it - and that meant i got lovely soft transition of colour.
However, the second sock looks like this so far:I purchased the pattern and the yarn for the Apricot jacket from rebecca 27 : this is the back piece. I LOVE THIS!

Oh and a few mitred squares from various handspuns. I have decided that i am knitting a throw... yes i know, this way lies madness... but dyed fibre makes such pretty yarn and the squares. just... anyway. its nice therapy.

Have also been very naughty and distracting myself online too much with something called stumble (i dont know, sherpa put it in for me). It just finds me silly sites to look at. This one is delightful.. and disturbing. Please don't click this if you have an easily upset tummy. Steve! don't eat it!

As for my health.. I'm... ok. i don't really know. I think physically I'm ok, just coping with being very physically and emotionally exhausted from prac, a big side-effect being depression (Ha! remember when i used to try and not put personal stuff up here? how the mighty have fallen). I'm not "oh-lord-i-want-to-die" depressed... more "i-dont-want-to-move" depressed. It'll pass, and its not worth anyone else worrying about it.. but it isnt very fun.

Anyway, I will try to be a more faithful blogger from now on. if i dont leave it so long it doesnt feel like such a chore... right?

the morose
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At September 20, 2006 8:50 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Good to see you online again HappySpidey - I think just about all my friends are currently either a) depressed b) sick c) stressed out to the max or d) all of the above. Something in the air, perhaps? Hope you're feeling cheerier soon - glad your prac is all over, and I just love the Rebecca jacket!

    Glad your garden is growing well and that you can move in soon - 'How excitement!' as my SIL would say ;)

     
  • At September 20, 2006 10:40 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Ooh, new sock, handspun, *swoon*. Clever you - very proud.

     
  • At September 20, 2006 10:41 pm, Blogger AR said…

    I love your sock. It is awesome! Your shawl is great, too. It looks warm and colorful. Two things I could use here. It's cold, gray, and rainy. Your mitered squares are adorable. I've been trying very hard not to make a mitered square blanket. They are so cute, though.

     
  • At September 21, 2006 11:07 am, Blogger DrK said…

    its lovely to hear from you again no matter what state youre in. glad the prac went well and is now over. and we wont talk about uni at all ok :)

     
  • At September 21, 2006 4:54 pm, Blogger Margie said…

    It's really quite impressive how much the sock looks like the starting materials, just knitted. and tube-like. but the colours are practically identical! Nice, plying, baby!

     
  • At September 21, 2006 6:44 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Hi, glad to see you back!
    Love the pattern,so keep us informed with lots of progress photos!
    Had a laugh at that taste test site too! gruesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home