BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, July 27, 2006

new news?

Well... i hardly know where to start! so much has been happening.

As some of you know (and some of you don't) i had some very good news the other week. and now its all official i'm allowed to tell you all (are we pleased?). Thing is... Sherpa and I are moving in together in November. and we're buying the house he's lived in for the last 4-5 years. His parents own it and we're going to set it up so rent is actually loan repayment and we will end up with equity! Which is clearly very good news... like brilliantly good news. and the lovely Kath from Uni asked me today "what happens if it all goes to custard?" (which i had to share because she's so funny) and i know it sounds naive to say "it wont" but.. well. you guys have seen us together and if that isnt proof enough then i guess you'll just have to wait around for 60 or so years for your proof eh?

This has the added advantage that i now have my own garden. the soil is BEAUTIFUL, we started digging last weekend and its like damp cocoa... we're both nesting a fair bit. but it's so much fun, i've always been a gardener but have had to battle with my father as to what we planted. Sherpa is happy if i am AND he let me prune the roses. I LOVE pruning. it's one of my favourite things EVER and i pruned these two whippy ones on wednesday and it was very satisfying. i dont generally like killing things, i shed a tear when we pulled out a little tree we didnt want, but roses just LOVE a good hard prune. honest. if you have scraggily bushes about your house cut them right back to near the woody trunk bit and you will have the nicest blooms next season.

what else? well... my brother collapsed apon poor old Horace the spinning wheel AGAIN. i swear i dont know how he does it, clearly one of us is adopted because i am nowhere near that clumsy. But the thing is his wheel is wobbling all over the shop and it's really affecting my tension (in my yarn too ;). And Taph being the gorgeous bringer of joy and wonder that she is has WITHIN A WEEK of this disaster managed to find herself so overburdened with wheels she could give me one (!!!) but also managed to score me a brand new set of ashton carders, a brand new flicker and a niddy-noddy for a song! i am SO impressed with you right now Taph, and Charlotte is my new best friend. S'beautiful!!! there is renewed interest in the dyeing of the Taph yarn, let me tell you!

So basically... life is sweet. eBay biz is good, the rainbow sock yarn is ridiculously popular and Sherpa is plotting how we can go into mass production (i smile and nod because he says we can get a pair of angora bunnies when i move in and im not going to argue with free fibre or fibre-tolerant soulmates). Of course, as it stands the eBay money (though planned for self-supporting stash) has become the 'Sherpa and Spider moving out fund'. though once i move in i think this will change. and some is in reserve for the craft and quilt fair (this spider thinks ahead, believe me).

Uni is ok, i am well and happy and as taph puts it, 'disgustingly happy'. but i dont much care.

See some of you girls next week? I am feeling SO sociable right now, if you dont want to be hugged/crash-tackled you might need to walk into starbucks with your needles raised...

the lucky-in-everything-this-month
Ms SPider xo

PS. Did i mention that the living room is big enough for SnB? like, comfortably so, even with 3-4 spinning wheels? and sherpa WANTS me to host????!!!!! (be still my heart..)

PPS. kylie am only past the heel in the first sock. Yours are GORGEOUS, you make me sickeningly proud of my yarn :p (everyone go and wowee at kylie's brilliant socks and tell her to knit some more, ok?)

PPPS. Re Kylie's socks. all my skeins of sock yarn are now 100g so they will definately manage a proper long pair of socks. the small skein kylie bought was me using up some (poorly weight-marked) 4ply before commiting to BUYING yarn first... Anyone interested drop me a line or visit here. If you want a specific stripe sequence i'll do my best for you.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2006 11:28 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    your happiness is beautiful Miss Spider! Congats to you and Sherpa!!!

     
  • At July 28, 2006 2:43 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    I agree with Bells! I am happy for you. Thanks for sharing your good news. (I meant to email, I really haven't fallen off the planet, but my internet is limited this summer.)

    Take care, keep enjoying all the good things!

     
  • At July 28, 2006 10:17 am, Blogger DrK said…

    (((big grin))) with hugs from me, very happy to hear such happiness exists in the world. its because you make such pretty sock wool, and i am wearing them today and they are lovely, and the good feelings i am getting from wearing them are coming back to you in karma! i do want to make longer ones in this colour so if you are making more i will have some please! (is it silly to have pink grapefruit ankle AND calf socks...no i think not). i will definitely see you next thurs night, could you be a dear please and bring your swifty thing so i can ball up those skeins i bought at the markets and continue with phase two of the sock addiction. by the way i have had another disaster with the jumper and will blog about it on the weekend. im blaming the fact that i was blinded by the beautiful sock yarn so that even jo sharp is boring in comparison! ((((more hugs))))

     
  • At July 29, 2006 1:05 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    That's fab news! Congratulations! Enjoy the gardening, and the big enough for SnB living room and everything else! Angora bunnies?!?! I'm SO SO jealous!

     
  • At July 30, 2006 12:45 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Wonderful news, Spidey, and SO good to see you and Sherpa both so perfectly happy - all meant to be!

    I'm off to prune the poor straggly rose bush at the top of my drive right away, you've inspired me :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home