BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, July 08, 2006

pair-shaped

I finished them! the socksual healing socks, stayed up til midnight, wrapped them, found a card that sort of matched and gave them to her today! are we proud?

of course, most spiders lack foresight and i just realised i didnt take a photo. but lets all look at this and pretend that its a picture of a completed pair, possibly with a small spray of purple flowers to set off the picture nicely.

Work was unbelieveable today. It. Is. Cold. I was wearing:
  1. 2 pairs of knee-high socks (one hand-knit from 8ply pure wool)
  2. thermal long john things
  3. thermal singlet
  4. jeans
  5. turtle neck skivvy
  6. turtle neck wool sweater
  7. Aran wool vest
  8. voodoo wrist warmers
  9. a giant houndstooth 1960's wool coat with the leather woven buttons.
  10. shoes (dur)
  11. scarf
and not only could i still see my breath at 2pm but i still have goosebumps and im sitting in front of the heater an hour after coming home. you ladies know me! i knit ALOT. for me to get cold... its gotta be bad.

Happy birthday to the gorgeous Othlon! And roll on tomorrow with my fibre day, starting with spinning with Taph, followed by us being total fibre whores at the bus depot markets and then going to see dear Othlon so shower her with yarny love.

And yes, i miss sherpa. it's not so bad... i mean, i'm sure most amputees will tell you you get used to it... its all very well to find your soulmate but the inconvenience of missing them.. well, is it really worth it? (cough cough cough my dad told me im not as cynical as i think i am and im trying to prove i AM cynical but he doesnt buy it. dont let on that i know he's right!)

no pictures im afraid (interesting how one only gets comments when one posts pictures isnt it?). maybe there is one. let me have a hunt.

Sherpa attacks my puppy! Run away Harry, run away!

knit on, happy weekend
Ms Spider xo

PS when is Brenda Dayne ever going to update ????

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At July 08, 2006 11:45 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    Brenda's on a break Spidey. She's back in a week or two, I think.

    I'd have posted with or without photos. :-)

     
  • At July 09, 2006 8:20 am, Blogger DrK said…

    am heading to the markets myself today, please leave me something to buy! :)

     
  • At July 09, 2006 9:01 am, Blogger happyspider said…

    this IS her week or FOUR and she just posted this morning! hurrah! i have been anticipating this one eagerly, let me tell you!!
    and kylie.. i'll try 0:-)

     
  • At July 09, 2006 11:03 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    How on earth did you walk with all those clothes!
    I too have but four rows to finish the opals I have been working on and haven't had time to post anything for ages as full time work,job application nightmares and kids sport have all but used up my time,but I take consolation in checking yours regularly for updates!!!!!

     
  • At July 09, 2006 10:26 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Yup, that's bloody cold... worse than being outside! Was perfectly wonderful to see you today at the Othlon Tea Party :D

    Love the new Blog pic, by the way. And thank you for the Podcasts CD - I hope to have a chance to listen to them this week :)

     
  • At July 09, 2006 10:40 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Very quick socks, Spidey. Thanks so much for putting up with my crapping spinning and not treating me like a complete nong. I've unpacked my fibre, and I think we were quite restrained. Have started doing the patterns for more timber things. have also worked out how to get a niddy noddy that will give a 1m skein. You want one?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home