BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Socks to be me

I've been a very bad blogger... and a bad SnBer if it comes down to it. In my defense i have been very busy with Uni but i hesitate to use that as an excuse because it will soon be over for the semester and what if i dont get better then hmm?

i have however been a very good knitter :) I finished a pair of stealth socks (which were stealth-swiped and so a photo may be a while coming). One was the black with rainbow trim i posted before and the other was black with some green self-striping german sock yarn trim.. as they are designed for the colour to be hidden i figured they didnt need to match - does wonders for Second Sock Syndrome.

As for my books.. well. Knitting does indeed RULE. great book, i love you stephanie!! Knitting without tears is great too, though i havent been able to read it cover to cover yet (stupid Uni getting in the way of life). And.. Vintage Socks. OMG! love. it. to. death. finally i have some patterns worthy of my lorna's laces :) the start of the sock i showed you in the last post ended up being frogged as my guage was off, but the yarn is SO divine i didnt mind starting again on smaller dpns at all. no, really. yes, me. I KNOW! unbelievable!Anyway, for all of you playing at home, this is the Fancy Silk Sock from Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock yarn in Valentine, no modifications. i got guage on 2.25 dpns where the pattern calls for 2.5s.
I dont know if i can guarantee there will be a pair of these though ;) and i may need a new pair of shoes... mary-janes with a little dirty-dancing heel i think... mmm.

cough

anyway, i have other things to show you all but might save them for tomorrow. i need to cast on the second sock asap or i might have second thoughts >.<

knit on!

Ms Spider xo

4 Comments:

  • At June 04, 2006 9:59 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    That sock, my dear Ms Spider, is divine. Very glad the books lived up to expectations. See you soon.

     
  • At June 05, 2006 9:33 am, Blogger DrK said…

    oh your socks are so pretty. you must be the best-socked girl in the ACT. one day i will get you to show me how to do it.

     
  • At June 05, 2006 4:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fancy Sock, indeed! Very nice.

     
  • At June 06, 2006 10:14 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Gorgeous sock there, Spidey, as always! Taph has very kindly lent me her copy of "Knitting Rules", and it is indeed a very fine book... mind you, it was a swap for my "Knitting with Beads", so she wasn't being entirely selfless ;)

    Good luck getting all done at uni, for this semester anyway - seems like only a few weeks ago that you'd *started*!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home