BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

practical magic

Last friday at the end of the day i ran into the principal of Kaleen.
"Ah Ms Spider, i have been meaning to have a word with you but i'm flat out today... can i grab you monday?"
I of course agreed but was somewhat terrified as to what this could be about - what had i done??
Monday afternoon before the staff meeting she grabs me and i brace myself:
"Ms Spider I've been meaning to say... I couldnt help but notice you knitting around the place" (oh crud, she thinks i'm wasting time!) "and.. well was that a sock i saw you with last week?"
Me (taken aback - was there some anti-foot thing at this school?) - "er, yes.."
Her - "oh well i knit all the time but im up to the heel of my first sock ever and i cant work it out.. if i bring it in can you set me straight?"

you could have knocked me down with a feather!

I have been relatively productive of late, probably procrastinating my lesson plans and things.
have finished all main pieces to cardigan and am in the process of seaming and adding bands. (mmmm power cord chic! i love the way my house has nowhere empty to photograph things... except for dark corners. but this is a fairly good representation of the colour... yummmm)

and first vera sock is complete and im past the cuff on the second. They are a little more colourful than this but you know what photos are like. They are very very very cosy :) cant wait for the pair! Ah and this photo has a lovely indication of what happens if you randomly lose wight and cant regain it - your once snug cords get a bit baggy in places!and i'm plotting new cast-ons like anything, but am trying to finish SOMETHING first :p

Prac is pretty good, but what with one thing and another i seem to have the boys all day instead of one line this week. but they are all calling me by name now and i am enjoying myself. i'm just so tired! (or trd as a certain monkey would put it). and teaching makes you so HUNGRY! it's not teenagers being hungry; its school making them that way!

anyway, i am alive, relatively well and kicking bottom as they say. i do not know how long this trend will continue but.. well. here's hoping!

knit on

Ms Spider xo

PS guess who's been a busy girl? yeah, so i got fed up and didnt do the button bands yet (perhaps related to my crappy knitting up stitches skills... socks are easy, its obvious where to pick up there... stupid cardigans!) But TA-DA! are we proud?

6 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2006 7:29 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Hi, the cardigan looks great,can't wait to see finished article,I pick my bundle up Friday,same colour 'cause girls in LWS reackoned the green didn't suit me,but I am worried this pink may be a bit bright......

     
  • At May 17, 2006 7:57 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    We are very proud, Spidey. Will it be ready for Thursday?

    Instructing your Principal is certainly a turn up for the books - congrats. :)

     
  • At May 17, 2006 8:51 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Gorgeous cardy Spidey, and So well done with helping the Principal knit her first sock! Knitting conquers all! Hope your Prac time continues to go well - yes, it is exhausting work, I got totally worn out just from teaching the occasional single lesson in high school - hang in there, baby!

     
  • At May 17, 2006 2:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cardi is looking good! Even without buttonbands.

     
  • At May 17, 2006 4:12 pm, Blogger DrK said…

    great cardi, awesome colour, it looks so neat! and isnt it funny the way knitters crawl guility out of the woodwork when they spy each other! i only teach two or three one hour classes a day twice a week and it nearly kills me and thats with grown up uni students so im totally with you there. is there anyway you can start a discussion then take out your knitting?!! hmmm might try that myself...

     
  • At May 19, 2006 6:20 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    that is a beautiful cardigan! well done. just remember you are never as tired as when you are on prac. the hunger never dissipates however!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home