BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

progress?

Hello all.
Prac has been somewhat screwed up, i was supposed to start on monday but the school hasnt got back to my professional experience coordinator so it looks like i start next monday now. which is ok, i sort of have a weeks holiday... except i really ought to be doing some of the work thast due at the end of the term. theres this hefty essay for Lit Studies, i think i'm doing one on love but i cant remember the question and i've lost my unit outline >.< for those of you experiencing spring right now.. well i thought i would thumb my nose a bit. ok, so spring is my absolute favourite time of year.. but WOOD FIRE people!!! Oh and we SERIOUSLY have to have a SnB at my house again, mmmmmmmmmm waaaarrmmmmmmmth. might not be til june or july though :p stupid Uni. I know its a bit dark, but that happens... and i didnt want to zoom out because there are thrillions of towels and smalls drying on the fire surround and i have SOME dignity :p

Ooh in knitting news: i'm onto the sleeves of my country silk cardi! very exciting, i wanted to wear it on prac and now i have a week its actually almost feasable... ALMOST. i am not oblivious to my current bout of startitis. i am itching to cast on more socks, i started some new ones last thursday immediately after finishing town and country: its the cable rib pattern i made for mum again in patonyle, but the colourway reminds me of some of the lorna's laces stuff. perhaps vera? and before anyone asks, the reason i have taken the photo on my keyboard is it is the only sort of surface area not covered in yarn or uni work.. well, it WAS.i also bought some sock yarn at the wool shack (here). i know, i know, but it comes with extra yarn which is reinforced for toes and heels! i got the purple one, but if i really like it i will buy the red as well i think... looks pretty doesnt it?

hmm well im off to cash a cheque and trawl for dpns at the local op-shops... am getting a tad short on them :p

knit on peeps!

8 Comments:

  • At May 02, 2006 6:56 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    I think I have the Vera lookalike! and was thinking of starting it (if I can find another set of double pins!)
    I've lost count of how many projects exactly, on the go at moment!Must be the colours and of couse a little bit variety is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At May 02, 2006 7:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i miss woodfires, very cool when its freezing outside. i havent been infront of one for ages.

     
  • At May 02, 2006 8:21 pm, Blogger Bells said…

    just beautiful Spider! Can't wait til you teach me sock making! I am afraid I'm not going to have any DPNs for Thursday night though. I haven't had time to get to cassidys....I will try though!

    Bells

     
  • At May 02, 2006 10:41 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Loving the sock wool, Spidey - very nice indeed. See you Thursday. :)

     
  • At May 03, 2006 8:06 pm, Blogger knittydoll said…

    cardi is looking great! Most cardigan-like :) Running errands yesterday I remembered your FABulous recommendation about the Hot Socks wool at Lincraft. So I went in and impulse bought the purple/pink/blue one.. you're right it's pretty, but damn it I never wanted to be a sock knitter and here I am with sock wool! ;P

     
  • At May 04, 2006 7:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    on a lighter note -

    FIND OUT YOUR SEX IQ!

    seriously, I only got 81 :-( I suck in bed :-(

    http://www.yoursexiq.com/questions.php?id=48296

     
  • At May 04, 2006 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, it's Judes from SnB (joodydoody.livejournal.com)

    Thanks so much for the sock pattern - can't wait to get started. Your socks looked very sass tonight, i have *envy*

    judes

     
  • At May 05, 2006 3:03 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Like the fire! Also love the colours in that sock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home