BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, March 17, 2006

proof


so, just to prove i can actually knit again, here is one of the pair of socks i finished today. with PROPER kitchener stitch, none of this three needle cast off i usually peddle. yes indeedy, all class here. these are for my mums birthday on sunday, i've been at them for yonks but they are a really nice pattern. i loved the colourway too. i know its slack to take a photo of only one.. but is anyone surprised?? this is from the latest Creative Knitting, but i used Patonyle instead of Opal. A joy people, JOY. (and its ok to put a pic up since my mum doesnt read my blog, let alone know where to look... hence the massive rant the other day :p)

anyone wondering if this is my computer chair.. yes, yes it is. it was the only clear surface in my room.. well it was after i moved the pile of textbooks off it. seriously people, if i end up in a wheelchair after misjudging the depth of the clothes on my floor... well i hereby take all responsibility (unless its because one of my family stuck a random box in the doorway and then turned off the light... this happens alot. one minute i'm striding into my dark room to grab the socks im knitting and the next i'm squished between the door and a box of assorted non-spidey related crap with a massive bruise on my shin and a dazed expression on my face).

Have SnB on sunday and then the younger crew are having a SnB sleepover with tacky movies (as in, Disney sing-a-longs) and junk food and knitting here at Chez Spider. I can hardly wait :) AND we have a BOY coming to SnB on sunday (not the sleepover, chill out BFG). i really am very excited and relieved that i can actually knit :p now all i have to do is restrain the stash before people come over! Eeeeep!! People?? Can we get Chicago out too???

Knit and the world knits with you, crochet and they point and laugh
Peace out.

4 Comments:

  • At March 17, 2006 10:14 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    I used to have a room like that. Now I have a whole flat like it! :-)
    Groovy socks - lovely colour

     
  • At March 20, 2006 1:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    really? there are guys who knit? guess you learn something new every day (today my lesson was about the receding standards of masculinity in men). oh well, at least (unlike androgyny and meterosexuality) something productive comes out of knitting.

     
  • At March 21, 2006 7:56 am, Blogger yuvee said…

    Pretty socks, your mom will love it!

     
  • At March 21, 2006 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fabulous socks! Great job! You're right - that colourway is excellent!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home