up the river in egypt without a paddle
- i think i may be developing rsi. pain in my arm and shoulder and neck, tingling, migraines.. its all very fun i must say. so basically i havent been knitting this week. only a Knitter will understand how gut-wrenching that sentence is.
- one of my tutors thinks i am 5 years old. she is a primary school teacher taking a unit on behaviour management of high school students. call me crazy, call me wild and outrageous but i dont think I-Cans will work for anyone over the age of, say, 7. (an I-Can is a can on every students desk. once a week you get them to write something they can do on a piece of paper and put it in the can. then when you think they need encouragement you shake the can and say "look at all the things you can do! i bet you can do this too!"). i personally am somewhat ticked off to be taught by someone who's catch-phrase is "you might EVEN be able to use this for 7 graders!"
- The Uni is messing me around and it looks as though i will have to do some courses off campus because i cant do history/SOSE at UC. this is a collosal pain in the rear and is made more frustrating because my course convener wants me to start a unit three weeks into the semester. Grand!
- I have mysteriously lost 5kg. some of you may not think this is a bad thing, but to lose that much weight by accident scares the pants off me (anyone who just wondered if my pants maybe weighed 5kgs and that explains it SHHH).
- did i mention that i cant really knit? and i may not be able to for a long time? need i really add to this?
- oh yes, i bought some lantern moon needles. and they arrived on thursday. and i knit about, oh, 4 rows. dont cry for me, im already dead.
so yes. bad week and no signs of light at the end of the tunnel. i am currently attempting to figure out some new diversion tactics that do not involve knitting.
- C*****t. namely a little bolero jacket. like i say alot, i hate crochet but at least im not so aware that im not knitting. and the pattern is cute so its not all bad. and... well as ToD so brilliantly said to me the other day, if i do it while i recover i might get really good at it too... sorry i didnt really twig on that one at the time mate, im a bit distracted.
- cross stitch.
- reading. nothing fun though :( just text books and king lear. sigh.
- cleaning the room. i was considering a photo but i think that would be too shameful for words. just imagine the worst childs bedroom you have ever seen, add approximately 75kg of yarn and fibre and 3,000 books and then shake well. leave to gather dust.
- finish these flipping dresses (the missing 5kg has messed around with my sizing grrr)
- bake cookies and then eat them (5kg of cookies)
so excuse me, no pretty pictures for awhile. im going to the dr soon and will let you all know what he says... i dont know if i can handle uni stress if i cant knit!!!
anyone with something funny please tell me, i need a giggle.