BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

happy spider?


I have this thing about driving. it scares the living heck out of me. i dont know what started it, but i have been utterly terrified of getting behind the wheel since about age 3. maybe i saw a car crash or something but.. if my parents were out late i thought they had had an accident. i have nightmares about being behind the wheel and it crashing. i have nightmares about being hit by a car.
fair to say, we do not bond. im sure eventually it will have to happen, but when the very idea of sitting behind the wheel sends my heart rate right up and puts me on the verge of tears its probably a little way away still.

so imagine my surprise when my dad and i were about to go into town today to see my name sake hanging out so happily!

but after i thought about it, this is a pretty obvious connection. clearly this is a representation of myself, because if i am in a car i am knitting... this is the same thing in my book. go fibre addicted spiders of the world! unite! (apologies to arachnophobes).

still on the sleeves of the wrap, it could so happen (denial is not just a river in egypt).

the other happy spider

4 Comments:

  • At February 21, 2006 9:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That photo is SO APPROPRIATE for your blog. But I wonder: What did happen to the Happy Weaving in the Car Spider?

     
  • At February 21, 2006 10:01 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Wow, how long had it been since the car was used? That's one prolific (and quite large) spider!

    Tell me you got a jar and a piece of paper and put her somewhere peaceful to weave another web.

     
  • At February 22, 2006 1:41 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    she's in the garden waiting to terrify unwanted guests :p

     
  • At February 24, 2006 3:00 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    That is a beautiful spider - the window must have been left open overnight or something like that :)

    I can relate to being terrified of driving — I've been in 3 car crashes (one as a kid, coming HOME from a month in hsopital), and twice as a teenager. Scary stuff. Going fast is dangerous, no matter how or why or where. Just look at those mad people at the Winter Olympics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home