BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, January 29, 2006

shiny happy people

I could tell you all that I was sitting at Mr Stitchy with a look of absolute horror on my face until 2.30pm of the day of my party. I could tell you about the painful incident with the drape and its needing to be re-basted. I could complain that despite booking the table for the huge undertaking of a floor length panelled satin frock, I was in the middle of the noisiest afternoon ever and struggled to concentrate.

Instead I will show you these:


You see that smug look on my face? Now you understand it :).

The party was great! I had quite a few people pike at the last minute, but thanks to Irene and Liz (who somehow managed to escape my roaming camera-man) everything fell into place! I felt like such a disasterous hostess being pushed out of the kitchen while my friends threaded skewers!

In the interests of not boring you all with tedious descriptions of what probably happens every saturday night everywhere in the world, here are a few descriptive photos.

Here is Jamal, ToD and I having a good ol' giggle. I wish i could remember what the joke was because it looks like a good one (something about pirates no doubt ;p)


The group shot is (clockwise from left to right, and to the best of my abilities) Nick, Jordy, Kate, Flick, Penny, Ruth, Matt and Matt (again!).



And here is Othlon and Jeff having a cuddle on my lounge - Ah, young love! Othlon is quite the hat-swiper, every time i saw her she was wearing a new one :). Othlon, jeff is lovely by the way. and you have obviously swash-buckled him into submission (ah, such a quick learner for one so young).

I had one or two more, but sadly blogger is being rather uncooperative. I shall try again later.

Thanks so much to Irene and Liz (again)! Seriously, you guys saved my life :) :) :) you are both worth your weight in sock yarn! tell me what i can do to repay the massive favour!
Thanks to Kate for the lovely bracelet and earrings (and the card that made me AND my mum cry... aawwww)
Thanks to Jamal for the calendar (knitting :p) and the gorgeous cross stitch kit (im so tempted to start it and i have like am million things on the needles! aarg temptation!)
Thanks to Iso for the cups and saucers (so so so pretty)
Thanks to Othlon and Jejune for the seriously cute thread cutter.
Thanks to Kerry for the lovely card (seriously, did i miss the day at school where they tell you how to write heartwrenching sentiments??? how did i miss this?)
And of course, a great big slap on the wrist to each of you for blatantly ignoring the "dont bring me presents, i get too embarrased" bit on the invite :p

So, not quite 21 yet.. it's Friday the 3rd and counting. Kind of intimidating actually. people keep telling me their outlook changed entirely and they starting making plans for the future. As we all know, my plans for the future are basically: 1. knit more, 2. buy more yarn, 3. finish uni + become a non-crap teacher hopefully and 4. not die in my sleep.

Can't i just stay 20 forever?

7 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2006 10:06 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    u can stay 21 forever :)... just keep turning 21. U can say Jamal says it's k and they'll quickly shut up. :p

    Thx for the invite :) glad u had fun. It was a good night. ciao.

     
  • At January 29, 2006 10:44 pm, Blogger Susan said…

    I love last minute sewing binges with a hard dead line.

    Your dress turned out very well - particularly like the back.

    Years ago there was a Yellow Pages tv ad that featured "Betty Crondike" who needed clear crystal buttons to finish her creation before her boyfriend picked her up that night - needless to say she let her fingers do the walking and there was a happy ending...

    Ever since I have always referred to these mad sessions as "Bettying" and my sewing machine has a pet name - you guessed it... 'Betty'.

     
  • At January 30, 2006 12:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Twas a great night! And you're more than welcome! ^_^

    Hehehe... fantastic people there and fantastic backyard and the dress... STUNNING! Great work dear almighty knitting master! ;P

     
  • At January 30, 2006 12:13 am, Blogger yuvee said…

    Should I wish you happy birthday then? Or I could just pretend you're 20, I won't tell a soul ;)
    The dress looks gorgeous on you, I love the colour and the back!

     
  • At January 30, 2006 7:55 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Frock dangerously gorgeous! So pleased the party went well - was thinking of you Sat. night as I knitted beanies. Only you, and one or two select others, know that's not as sad as it sounds.

     
  • At January 30, 2006 12:24 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Having seen the dress in situ I can confirm that it is indeed STUNNING, and you are a very talented seamstress. Love the cute pic of Othlon and Jeff - they are indeed a lovely couple, and Jeff is a sweetie :)

     
  • At February 01, 2006 4:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey pen, great party. thanks for the invite and the books, look foreward to seeing you at uni.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home