2006 - Year of the Yarn
1. BFG came home from Jindabyne with my bobbins (everyone kindly overlook the fact that i wanted the bobbins to come home more than i wanted him to, he's dealt with it). The very friendly lady at the cooma shop is obviously a clever cookie, because my little bag of bobbins had two editions of 'The Wheel' and two different types of catalogues in it. And. It was tied at the top with roving. Yes, she obviously took stock of my voice on the telephone and realised i was an addict. Magenta Corriedale... enough to actually spin a few metres. And i can buy this stuff for $12.50 a kilo in any colour i want! (see, i told you she was clever). i am SO hooked. Attention Attention, i am obviously an idiot or high or something because it is $12.50 for 250g!! no idea how i managed to do this as the first time i read it i got it right. my only solution is that i somehow dreamt otherwise then believed it... SORRY!!!!!
2. The new year occured. The first thing i did this year was be soundly kissed by BFG. He assures me next year will start the same way.
3. it has been hot. TOO HOT TO KNIT! yesterday was better and today i will knit even if it kills me (such an addict).
4. The antique shop i work at had its front windows smashed in, and so i get one more day of holiday. i am obviously a deeply depraved and horrible person, because i did a little dance after my boss called me. even though it will cost him $8,500. i really do feel like a terrible person... but im still thrilled to have the day off.
5. i came home from my weekend at the coast to find a mysterious christmas gift. I open the card and its from Jo, an old friend whom i really havent spoken to in ages. not so much a falling out as a falling out of contact. So we are going to go have lunch this week. But the gift, people! obviously we are destined to be friends forever, because she gave me this book. it looks second hand (i hope so) and it is so beautiful you could die. Seriously. You want this book. nyer nyer nyer.
6. My parents have left me at home with the stinky one. He is suprisingly chirpy (i put this down to the GF, absolutely sweetest person in the world and i have no idea how he tricked her into going out with him). They left us with no food and about 300ml of milk. i have taken this in my stride. (Related note - pork chops are not cheap!)
7. Jamal turned 22 yesterday, Happy Birthday Jamal!
8. i sent out first round of invitations to my 21st. if i've missed you, nag me ok?
9. Beatlewear went over 1000 hits! (this is of course somewhat skewed because i only added it few weeks ago and the blogs been around for yonks, but its still nice to see it there)
All going well i will be able to blog a tad more today, i want to put up picks of the 30,000 things i'm working on right now. pretty much so i keep track of them, i tripped over clapotis the other day.