BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Mary Christmas

For all you knitters and fibre addicts out there, ToD and I have collaborated on some non-knitterly-discriminatory christmas carols (they really oughtn't be called carols since this discriminates against anyone not called carol, but thats an issue for next year). Top points if you manage to sing them along with the rest of the family without anyone noticing!

The 12 days of Knitmas

(To the tune of the twelve days of christmas. You know the drill, just insert "on the something day of knitmas my true love gave to me.." every verse)

Twelve thrummers thrumming
A pile of I-cord piping
Some clever decrease pleating
Nine point protectors,
Stitch markers marking,
A drop spindle spinning,
Six skeets a-fraying,
Five packs of pins,
Four alpaca herds,
Three DPNs,
Two fair-isle gloves,
And a ball-winder just for me!

Christmas Hell
(to the tune of Jingle Bells)

Verse 1
Counting down the days, crossing off my list
Knitting in a haze, massaging my wrists
Then the doorbell rings, makes me crack my knuckles
Relations make me cringe; I hate festive debacles

Chorus
Oh Christmas hell and dizzy spells
Fair isle makes me weep
Crochet turns me nauseous
And seams put me to sleep
HEY!
Christmas hell as knuckles swell
Grafting is the pits
I block and fray my life away;
God speed to all who knit!

Verse 2
And so the chaos dims, Grandpa has a doze
I controlled the urge to stuff turkey up his nose
I slip out of the house, the soberest by far
And spend a lovely Christmas night a-knitting in the car

Repeat chorus

And just a little hint... hope to post pics with a model soon

I have entitled this picture "twas the night before the night before the night before christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a lace-weight cashmere scarf/shawl thing", but then i've never been very good at titles.

Mary Christmas to all and to all a good knit.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home