BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, December 16, 2005

Spin Dr

I have a tale for you guys.

Have you all noticed that puppies with really big paws grow up to be huge dogs? and when they are puppies, the tend to take up way more space than anyone would expect? Keep that mental image if you can.

The Scene:
The lounge room in Chez Spider. Piles of clean laundry on the carpet awaiting pickup from various family members. Several lounge chairs. Behind one chair, completely out of the way, a spinning wheel awaiting appraisal for clean-up and joint-oiling.

My brother has this tendency to walk around with his eyes closed when he has just gotten up. He wanders into the living room just as my taxi pulls up to take me to work. He picks up his laundry. He somehow trips over the space time continuum and walks right into my spinning wheel, knocks her over and treads on her.

If it wasnt so tragic it would have been HILARIOUS.

so, the very slightly wobbly wheel that didnt need to be dealt with straight away is now the ridiculously wobbly wheel that is giving me panic attacks. it is probably fixable... but it would be so much nicer if it didnt need to be.

In lighter news i have gotten halfway through the heel flap of sock the second, i can smell victory! (Has anyone else noticed that victory smells alot like wool?).

I did however, in a total lapse of concentration, start a crochet scarf for a christmas present. I'm not exactly sure why. lets face it, crochet is kind of evil. I did about 10 rows (its a sideways one with self-fringe) and then tossed it aside to pick up my socks and the sheer relief to be knitting again gave me a buzz. total high!

anyway, feel my spinning pain. oh, and did i mention only one week til christmas?

PS will give you guys some pics soon, just cant be bothered tonight. SO HOT! i'm dreaming of a white christmas alright...

3 Comments:

  • At December 17, 2005 1:48 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    I am thinking snowy thoughts to offset your heat. You should come for a visit!

    and OH MY GOODNESS. brothers!!

     
  • At December 17, 2005 5:47 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    I can only hope that the cr****t anomaly was brought on by the trauma to your wheel and psyche. Little brothers are a hazard to their own health! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the wheel. :)

     
  • At December 18, 2005 6:29 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Geez, brothers! He can repay you for his clumsiness by giving you LOTS of wool, and whatever other knitty things you need - present him with a Guilt List for shopping purposes. And don't forget the grovelling abject apology, on his knees...

    I have to admit that I used to cr****t, and still occasionally use it for edgings... but only sometimes, honest!

    I hope the wheel doesn't have any permanent injuries.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home