BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

a (wo)man of letters

Dear Amazon.com
I have to admit, you guys freaked me out. You said my order was completed on the 9th. the delivery date was "9th-21st Nov". This ensured I woke at the crack of dawn every day since the 9th, shivering with anticipation, only to be disapointed by the lack of morning couriers.
Yes, friends at Amazon, my sleep has been erratic for a week, and my friends and family have started climbing on the roof before offering me cups of tea to avoid being shouted at.
But, Amazon? All is forgiven.



Regards
Happy Spider

PS when's the SnB crochet book going to be released???


Dear Bendigo Woollen Mill,

I love you. I really really really do. Be mine?

Always,

Spider

Dear peeps at Rowan,

I adore Arabella. I love the eyelets, i love the 4ply cotton, i even love the teeny-tiny needles. I don't care that knitting her in white has turned me into a OCD lady macbeth type character, ever fearful of the slightest stain. I adore the fact that when i completed the main pieces and seamed the sides, the eyelets matched up first time round. I have overlooked the slightly pink ribbing from the Pony red needles.

I do, however, have a question. I have neither a 2.25mm circular needle, nor a 2.25mm crochet hook. i am fairly sure i will have to send away for the former. I had promised myself i would follow these instructions exactly for the first time in my life, considering i was using the correct yarn and all. So tell me, would it really be that bad to crochet the neck and back bands completely? It would save me two weeks of waiting and $7-$18...

Ever,

Spider.

Dearest fellow knitters,

i have a professor at uni whom i have what is termed 'grudging respect' for. Quite plainly, he is a nutter. a cute, lovely, funny nutter, but a nutter nonetheless.

Now this nutter has a wonderful theory about friendship. he says the thing that stops you being aquaintances and starts you being friends is trading flaws. when someone can know your flaws and still love you, that is friendship. I'm going to test this theory.

I am a failure. I am a failure as a knitter... nay as a human being. I have been putting off telling you all this due to the utter humiliation and stupidity i feel. But now the books have arrived i can cope without the blog for a few days and may be able to recover from my embarrasment from outing myself.

There arrived at my work about 6 weeks ago a spinning wheel. A beautiful pine ashford in full working order. It had a pair of carding combs. it had 5 bobbins. it came with a drop spindle. it came with a bobbin holder (lazy somethingorother). It came with a BAG of wool and a booklet of instruction. My boss put $145 Australian on it. He would have given it to me for $95 at the MOST.

Dear friends, i looked at it for 6 weeks. i did not buy it. i missed out.

weep for me.

spider.

4 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2005 2:30 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    aww spidey... i think we've all neglected to score that awesome deal at one time or another. and you know what to do for next time!

    enjoy the books.

     
  • At November 17, 2005 9:03 am, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    Hey thanks for commenting about the skirt/dress I'm battling with. I'm envious about your books!!! Hooo boy that spinning wheel - What a deal!! Sometimes though things are not meant to be. I'm learning to spin and I love it but you know what - It takes time and money from knitting so think of it as a saving. the rowan pattern looks lovely. I much prefer to see things knit on people's blogs than in the pattern books because they suddenly seem real! :-) Stripey

     
  • At November 17, 2005 5:18 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    Sounds like there's lots to keep your hands busy now..:) Never mind, another spinning wheel will come your way later.

     
  • At November 18, 2005 1:16 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    i'm sure something even better will come along next time. I always think things happen for a reason, no matter how bad they may seem at the time. Life is like a building block. It is the experience we have that make us whom we are. I think we even spoke about that one day. And, I'm sorry, I think I might have to never talk to u again for being such a bad knitter :p just joking ofcourse, i'm sure if u knitted the ugliest scarf as a present and the reciever would still love it :D althoug I have to say, u are good at knitting. :p glad the holes match up, i'd be so scared to have them mis-aligned. ekh. anyhows, ranting on and on because i'm tired. I always do that when I'm tired. pointless chatter and such. I'm sure AJ'll tell u all about that. bon nuit

     

Post a Comment

<< Home