BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

half-way house


You all see this? this is how beautiful the world looks when you're half-way through your degree! (and yes, i do realise my house is pink.)

Finished my last (and only) exam at 3pm and am now a free woman! Well, as free as anyone who is a slave to yarn can be. But, no more deadlines for 3 months! hurrah!





this is my baby saying "good on ya Mum!" (this is seconds before he turned from the camer and fled, this picture is a miracle.) His little tongue is just poking out, but i assure you he is not teasing me, merely preparing to investigate the edibility potential of my shoes.

And this is my celebratory knitting. ah ok, i tell a lie, i finished it yesterday when i should have been studying for todays exam, but at least i appeared to be hard working and didnt post til after said exam was over.
I am having that gnawing suspiscion that she is too short and too wide... but i really dont think i have enough yarn to extend any more than i have already. i added 5cm to the body and my belly button still looks like it might hang out. However, highwaisted pencil skirts are in, and worst case scenario i will befriend a short yet busty person and give it to her for christmas.


After i finished the exam i ran into my ex (the lovely furry friendly one, not Monsieur le jackass, no fear guys) because he takes the same psych class as me. so we went into civic together to have lunch and trade lives. Was very nice. It's lovely running into old friends, he knows me so well i can relax because if i put on a super spider act he'd see through it anyway :p. not that i'm not a super spider... but ahem... where was i?

And now i am kind of at a loss. I'm finished for the year. What now? sure, i have my knitting but... nobody to mark it. erk!

Here is a limerick i wrote while waiting for them to let us out of the exam room:

There once was this fellow named Freud
with his parents he was quite annoyed
the critics are critical
of his psychoanalytical
theory, which should not be employed

ta-da! i also drew lots of pictures of my puppy, and wrote another one about Cattell which i cant remember... except that it had something to do with an action figure by mattel (ie. barbie doll people). what can i say, we intraverts have to make our own fun.


Did i mention that my books wil be arriving any day from tomorrow!! hoorah! (stitch n bitch nation, yarn harlot bookbookbook1 and bookbookbook2)

And everyone go and see Yuvee's Gabby and tell her how clever she is!

Make mine a daiquiri.

4 Comments:

  • At November 08, 2005 7:01 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    bravo bravo. It's a good feeling to be at half way point in your degree isn't it. I passed that points in June... but it's quite annoying sometimes when ur degree never seems to finish because u pull out of classes or u took a year off... and on the other hand it's nice :) uni life can only be lived once. who wants to grow up anyway... it's too hot in my room and i'm off the point of congratulating u on finishing exams :p so congrats :) PARTY TIME!

     
  • At November 08, 2005 7:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mz pen, hope you are enjoying your holiday. i have one more exam on thurs and then im done. i will have to come back and read some more of you journal later, when im not sleep and study deprived.

    p.s. everything is relative, because everything and nothing are the same thing (therefore there has to be some degrees to reality).

     
  • At November 08, 2005 11:16 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    No more exams for me, ever. I got my psychology degree back in the dark ages. Well done, you. Mum says thanks (I think she knows how cool she is.)and she's bringing her tattoo to the land of Oz in the New Year. Stand by!

     
  • At November 09, 2005 1:07 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Hey congrats on being done! Enjoy the celebration and the break.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home