BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Does this look like a face that would lie to you?

As promised, my hair cut! Yes, i do realise that as i have not really included any head shots for a fair while, that this means absolutely zero to everbody. But i am quite happy with it. Its about 2 inches shorter than it was, but is thinned out alot too, with quite heavy layering around my face. But my hairdresser knows me really well, so i's fairly low maintenance. It'll only grow out anyway, so i don't think it would matter too much if i didnt like it.

This is my attempt to look 'sweet' and unfortunately was the only one that turned out clear enough to indicate hair length in any way. It is rather "come hither" or perhaps "i'm so helpless and female, come dissect my frog for me" (i perfected that one in yr 8). So, my apologies, i promise i am not trying to seduce anyone.

But i d
igress.


Here is the mini-sweater, puffed, button-holed and seamed. She is far too big (the guage was right so either i have no bosoms or the designer had m
any) and the little bow clip is a standby until i get some appropriate ribbon (hands up who likes my vintage paste clip?). I'm going to have the button hole on the inside (with button) to keep it in place, and a ribbon attached to the other front piece and the side so i'll have a little bow under one bosom. It's also quite loose at the back, i might see if i can stitch a bit of elastic in the middle of the back garter stitch border. Or not, it sounds complicated.

I'm pretty happy with it otherwise. Normally i'd be champing at the bit to wear it to Uni tomorrow, but luckily it's supposed to be cold and rainy so i couldn't have worn it anyway.

I must apologise for the darkness of the photos, nobody came home until after it was dark outside and lights never quite do it. We tried with the flash on but that was quite blindingly hideous. I like my blemishes to remain ambigious, thankyou so very much.

I'm off to practice looking sweet in the mirror, i obviously don't watch enough chick flicks. You know the high school movies where the pretty girl aims a smile at one of the geeks and they walk into the wall? I want to learn that one.

Also, magazine arrived. And have ordered some cotton for the strappy blueish top a few entries ago. Hooray, maybe start next week. Back to branching out goes Spider.

Ciao.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home