BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, October 10, 2005

..and the winner is, Tortoise!


Or so i hope.
I remember a few years ago the slow meals society (or something to that affect) made the news for insisting that they eat over a 2 or 3 hour period, and enjoy every mouthful in the company of friends.
Well i hereby state that i am a member of the slow knitting society (members: 1). Or at least with lace knitting anyway. For something called branching out, it sure grows slow.
I can also hold ToD responsible, as i keep haunting his house to watch daria and red dwarf, and i get maybe one repeat done and then distract myself...
So had a really good day, anyhow. Got to cluck around ToD like a broody chook. Take it from me, when i have kiddliwinks i'm going to be the worlds most annoyingly smothering mother. It must be my Hungarian heritage, i'm just not happy unless i can feed people. Is there anything better? other than eating yourself that is.

So here i have a study in branching out with towel and spider foot. I could have cropped it but... i'm quite spectacularly lazy. How depressing, it's really quite short isnt it?
Oh well, having dinner and watching vids with the Queen of Wonderment tomorrow afternoon, so there will be bus knitting AND trashy 80's film knitting. So wait patiently for Spider to recover her speed.
Still no magazine. sigh. i think it's been swiped from my letterbox.

Auf weidersan

3 Comments:

  • At October 11, 2005 3:39 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Yes, well, the very reason I like knitting lace is that you get plenty of "bang for your buck". That Louisa Harding lace scarf I made? Big yarn, big needles, biggish bucks and I had it done in two days. The mystery shawl? Cheap yarn and I'll be knitting it for weeks. Never worry about speed - let the rest of them mess about with telegraph poles, we lace knitters are a breed apart, a tortoise every one.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 10:42 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    you need a big guard dog to guard ur mailbox...although the poor mailman might not approach. hmmm... it looks really nice :) ciao.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 11:15 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    I have swatched for branching out, and yes it took a long time. Hmm. I am knitting wavy (another knitty scarf) and even though it is a very simple pattern, it is going slowly too. It doesn't help that I don't have the 44 row repeat memorized. Bah.

    Your scarf looks beautiful though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home