BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, September 12, 2005

Colour my world

Ok. So, i went to my LYS on sunday with Gypsy to pick up some Zhivago for my wrap jacket. And came to the conclusion that i am not a) clever, b) imaginative or c) brave. I bought exactly the same colour as from the pattern book. And i'm not entirely convinced! I was hoping for palest pink or blue, neither of which they had, but i HAD to buy that day because every fourth ball was FREE (can you IMAGINE!?).

So my question to you all (knitters especially) is this - am i making a mistake? It is a neutral, so for a wrap it's ideal because it will go with everything. But i have nothing else this colour, so maybe it doesnt suit me? Except maybe a skirt i havent worn for years. The main colour toss up was the cream 4436 (this is magnolia 4441) or at a push the bluey-purple shade 4453. Anyone with three minutes to procrastinate please check out the shades and let me know what they'd pick?

NB I'm really only looking for validation that this wont look silly.

Daddy's Birthday tomorrow and this is all thats going to happen tonight methinks, am just about to write a few lesson plans. Thank crockery that i bought him some Lindt as a backup!

I'm not as think as you drunk i am!

4 Comments:

  • At September 12, 2005 11:18 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    I wouldn't go too colourful with something like that anyway, unless you only wanted to use it with a specific item. I don't know if my computer is showing different colours but I reckon you could match that up with a tremendous amount of colours, it's like a black scarf, an easy compainion. Black, navy perhaps, hues or green, some floral colours and I'm sure a few more that I can't think of right now since i'm totally exhausted. (some purple or mauves now that i think of it) The pattern looks nice btw. It looks like a fun piece. Is the one in the pic the one you're going to make?

     
  • At September 13, 2005 2:37 am, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    Girl, u r fussing too much. :) It's a lovely shade and goes well with most colors. You can always jazz it up with a knitted or crocheted flower in a bright color..:) Guaranteed to spice it up straight off. This color jacket will look wonderful with jeans/pants and a bright top.

     
  • At September 13, 2005 5:31 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    *gasps!
    The crochet flower! of course! Ok, i'm sold, out come those needles!

    Oh wait. Darn socks (no pun intended)

     
  • At September 14, 2005 12:47 am, Blogger becky said…

    I'd go with cream, shade 4449 (I think it's chocolate) or 4438. I like 'em neutral!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home