BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Zip me up Baby!



Ok, so in a fit of nervous energy i finished the zip in Caressa. I am pretty happy with her in all, she is SO comfy and warm and cosy.. pity we're getting warmer weather again really. I know she appears a leeetle bit chunky around the middle - i think it's a symptom of knitting double with thick ribs. I know this sounds like spare tyre denial, but i'm really rather svelte! (approximately, so to speak, when i stand next to a sumo wrestler).
For thos of you wanting an update - my mum is in hospital tonight as well as last night and will be having a CAT scan on her belly tomorrow to see if they can operate and fix her. She looks much better than yesterday, but i really miss her and wish she was at home!
Prac is ok, i just wish my mentor would stop stealing my pens - i didnt realise how anal retentive i was until i got placed with her. She's really disorganised and its driving me crazy! Confusing, because she's funny and cute and i really like her. She'd probably be my favourite teacher if i was going to that school. Weird.
let me know what you think of the jacket, please overlook the belly bulge appearance (keep in mind im genetically predisposed to be waist-free). Do i look like a teacher yet?

Over and out!

4 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2005 1:30 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    It's looking quite good :) I love how you have the pattern done like that. I'm sure there'll be a few more really cold days you can wear it in :) and there's always next winter, which is never too far away in Canberra :p

    Nice car bumper sticker :)

    You'll make a pretty trendy looking teacher if you keep this up. :p

     
  • At September 09, 2005 10:25 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    :( I think it looks cool. Li loves corsets. :) they are prone to make u blue sometimes though from memory.

     
  • At September 09, 2005 5:15 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    Yes, bananafish you anal retentive bastard, there is a little bump, this is because it was late and i was tired. Is merely an issue with blocking and sewing that side a little neater - they actually line up.
    The reason for the lack of waist is the lack of hips - im pretty skinny, but it dont look 'in' at waist if it dont go 'out' at the hips. I'm up and down like a pencil with bosoms.
    re: the lack of headshot, did i mention that i have grown a horn? dur.
    Cheers for the kudos, shinythings

     
  • At September 11, 2005 6:30 pm, Blogger becky said…

    FABULOUS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home