BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, October 07, 2005

olive branches



And here, as promised, is branching out.
She is knit in Crystal Palace Kid Merino and is very very very fiddley. VERY. I had to knit 3 repeats in cotton DK before i was confident that i could do it, and even now im sure there are a few boo-boos. I probably wont notice them all until i block it... and at that point i dont think i will care. I am enjoying it, but i do not use row counters with lace and it's a hard one to knit at erratically (or while watchin
g tv) which is me all over. However, i salute knitty for this one.












I also managed to find Vogue Knitting in Canberra! Am sooooo excited, but they are of course all Autumn patterns. This is bad because today was a little cool and i was tempted to start this awesome purple sweater... but i'd get halfway through the backpiece and it would be 30 degrees here and it would lie in the land of forgotten knitwear until i decided i hated the yarn/colour/style and got rid of it. Yes, i am a prophet. I also love this little vest, and am wondering if i could do it in cotton and wear with a pencil skirt or jeans this summer. Hmmmm.
I subscribed to Creative Knitting a month ago and am currently awaiting the October issue. Impatiently, desperately with bated breath type waiting. I hit the floor running when i hear the mail-man! Remember that Beatles song?

Stop! Hey yeah wait a minute Mr postman
Wai-ai-ai-ait Mr Postman
Mr postman can't you see
If theres a knitting magazine for me
I've been waiting for such a long time
To see the news about summer yarn lines!
And so on and so forth.
I really am getting desperate, the October issue promises many many summer tops! i need to find a new pattern quickly, i'm getting stressed without a jumper on the pins.
Anyway, am feeling somewhat better. According to the Dr i have bronchitis, and i still went to work today and did the BAS. If there is a hell its a big white room with whiney air conditioning and fluorescent lighting where you do accounting all day and can't taste your lunch. And a seven year old boy who is told to sit still and be quiet for 7 hours, who is not officially your responsibility but if anything happens to him on your head be it.
Good luck crazy manga dancers!
A Bientot!

4 Comments:

  • At October 09, 2005 2:38 am, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    branching out looks good. mine's been wilting in my basket for mths LOL. Teehehe cute rhythm to that postman song. Do show when you get Creative, cause I'm really curious bout it..:) Get well soon!

     
  • At October 09, 2005 2:58 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Your Branching Out is so pretty. I like the colour. I'm wanting to make one myself, but I have 20+ WIPs so I am making myself wait.......

    I wish good jumper blessings on you. I hope you find something you want to knit and find the perfect yarn for it - soon.

     
  • At October 10, 2005 12:01 am, Blogger yuvee said…

    Love your colour choice for Branching Out ;) It'll be really pretty!!
    I like that purple sweater too!

     
  • At October 10, 2005 11:10 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    very nice. It looked really scary to knit at the beginning. so delicate. hf & ty. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home