BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, September 16, 2005

Sick day

Yes, the young Ms Spider has managed to pick up a miraculously uncomfortable (not to mention well-timed) throat infection. So, as my title may have given away, the Dr told me to stop being stubborn and go home to bed. I have been in a reclining position all day and as my panadol has finally kicked in, i thought i would post. Yes, i know. But i get so lonely at home by myself, and the illness coincided with a planned BFG sleepover, so it never happened. AND i have to work tomorrow. And if i don't then... i should be studying. This is the only leisure time i'm likely to have in the next two weeks, so sue me.
Good thing is, that though I am sad to leave prac early, due to the tests im not actually missing anything... I will miss my teachers though :(

Here is my so-far and sick day knitting. i'm very fond of the colour now i've stopped thinking of it as Magnolia. It is an 'oatmeal', 'soft gold' or 'creamed honey' in my book. I'm loving the Zhivago. I usually try to steer clear of synthetics, but it's sooo silky and soft, it's like knitting a non-cold or wet cloud. And it has this slight sheen (a little visible in the ball in the photo) which is just gorgeous. Unfortunately, it's quite slippery so i'm taking about twice as long on every purl row.


I also have for those knit-wise detectives out there a mystery stash buster. i show you the yarn and an unidentifiable bit of project and you guess what it might be! Winner gets... ummm, well ok so i didnt think that far. Winner gets a free endorsement or link added. How's that? Ok, it sucks, but i'm sick, leave me alone. Winner may suggest what winner gets.


Answer revealed Monday 19th. Can you bear the suspense?
See you round like a rissole! (for non-Australian people, a rissole is like a hamburger meat pattie)
*hack hack cough cough*

4 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2005 7:19 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    Golden oats is doing very nicely! :) Rest well and get well soon.

     
  • At September 16, 2005 7:50 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    ok folks, i just realised i can allow anonymous comments - so the changes have been made and all you non-blogger types have no excuses!

     
  • At September 17, 2005 10:54 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    ooh. it'd be so much fun if u made it to drinks :( Alex said u can't make it. We'll have to meet one of these days. bon nuit

     
  • At September 29, 2005 10:15 am, Blogger knitabulous said…

    I loves me zhivago too. The synthetic is mostly tencel which is plant related like viscose - it's a really yum yarn.
    It's less slippery on bamboo or rosewood needles - boy would you feel like a lady knitting on those!
    I'm be interested to see what you did with the impossible presentation task, sometimes higher education makes no sense whatsoever. Still, it beats stacking supermarkets I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home