BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, October 14, 2005

If you drink then shop, you're a berloody idiot

Ok. Work today. Very weird.

This woman came into the store (what we would call a bogan). She demanded a refund for a purchase made earlier in the week. She brandished the receipt ('No warranty, item sold as is, no refunds on second hand items').
Now i am a very polite person when dealing with customers, no matter how psychotic they may become. And as i was alone in the shop today, i couldn't ok a refund on a sale i hadnt even made in the first place.
Then she says her husband bought it and doesnt want it anymore.
I say "Well then this is your husbands issue, he should take this up with us."
She says "He was drunk when he bought it and now he doesn't want it."
I look at her. I bite the insides of my cheeks. My eyes water.
She says "We was both drunk. We didn't know what we was doin'."

Eventually my boss arrived to deal with the situation, but it is quite possible i asked her if a credit card company would void purchases she had made because she was drunk. I may also have mentioned how frequently people get let off charges of driving drunk and killing someone ("oh officer, it wasnt my fault i hit that guy, i was drunk"). I mean, seriously! who are these people?? What kind of excuse is this? I'm definately using this one next time BFG tells me off for outrageous yarn purchases.


So i needed some knit-therapy when i got home, and here are the results. There lies the so-far-ness of the mini-sweater. Its not quite as green as the close-up or quite so blue as the far-out (ha!). Somewhere in between. It is quite intensly coloured yarn. Actually, the close-up is more approximate, but the bits that look yellow are more bright green. Anyway, it's gorgeous yarn, just the right thickness, and really interesting sort of woven make-up. Get thee to lincraft and wonder at Aria.


By the way, if anyone sees my boyfriend, tell him he's a big stupid ass who should tell me when he's going off to have fun without me. Do you know when i last went out of a night time? No, i don't either, but i'm guessing at somewhere in the middle of the last ice age. It really grates to be told by she who spawned BFG that he's gone out to a concert, when i would KILL KITTENS to go out!! AARGHHH.

Sorry, i need to buy a punching bag.

Or find a new boyfriend.

Remember: Friends don't let friends drink then shop.

4 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2005 10:20 pm, Blogger yuvee said…

    I can't believe that lady! What a lame reason! I'd cried with anger too if I were you.
    And well...no offense here, but your bf sounds like a jerk to me.

     
  • At October 15, 2005 12:24 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    That is a pathetic excuse! Like the one I heard on ebay where someone demanded a refund because their child had won something the parent didn't want. Why did they let their child loose on ebay then?!

     
  • At October 15, 2005 12:27 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    That story cracks me up. I mean, it would be crazy frustrating at the time, but very funny after a while.

    Sounds like you need to set your boyfriend straight! Does he know you wanted to go out? Sometimes guys are just dense. Other times they can be jerks. I hope yours is just dense; that's something you can work with!

    Your minisweater looks great. ;)

     
  • At October 15, 2005 8:13 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    yikes, sounds like she came in drunk again. Horrible ppl!
    Bfs! Sometimes they can be just totally oblivious to things. Tell it to him straight?
    Lovely Mini there..:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home