BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm all branched out

It's done. C'est finis.
i did not use up the entire ball of CP Kid Merino, mostly because i got over the darn thing and it kept bunching up and ruining the smoothness of the yarn. I did 25 repeats of the pattern, and pressed with a damp cloth and iron rather than washing and blocking because im terrified of accidentally felting the poor darling.


I am pretty happy with it. I thought it looked lovely amongst the leaves, though of course the lace pattern isnt crystal clear being a fluffy yarn. I do love the colour, but i think this might get wrapped in tissue paper and put aside for one of the many 21st that are happening in the next 6 months. (NB if you have already had a 21st, you know who you two are, and love this to death let me know.)

It is very light yet warm and pretty and the colour is so beautiful. But i'm just not much of a scarf girl. we'll see, it might get an airing if i go to see ToD this week (very sweet person who displays very convincing enthusiasm and interest in lace stitches such as yarn overs and the like. He said my pattern read like a rap "knit one, YO!". very funny.)

Anywho, i have two really hideous essays to write.

And my yarn package has yet to arrive (snif). I suppose it can't be helped. have also ordered the new yarn harlot bookbookbook, as well as her older one, and Stitch n Bitch Nation. These won't arrive til after i finish uni for the semester so i have a leetle motivation laying in wait for me :)

Have started a nubby cotton rib tank, which will probably make me look like a heffalump. But at least it's something to do, and i hate rib so it might slow me down a bit. Will post a pic tomorrow or some such. Would post again today but BFG says that's insanity indicator number 1.

Peace out, dawgs.

4 Comments:

  • At October 25, 2005 12:51 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    I always think the same thing about yarn-overs! It makes me giggle to think of knitting gangsta talk.

     
  • At October 25, 2005 12:01 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    cool. tres sexy scarf. u almost need to throw a big gala ball so that u can show it off. I'd be so paranoid about it getting caught on something as well. It's a pity not to wear it though, even if it gets ruined, atleast u've had the pleasure of using it. :) ahhhh. i love clothes.

     
  • At October 25, 2005 3:59 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    Nice scarf! and the mini sweater looks cool. But mostly, nice hair cut girl! :D

     
  • At October 28, 2005 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Branched out looks perfect! congratulations!!! (im fighting with it now to do it XD) Trying, actually....

    XD Greetings from Chile ^^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home