BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, November 06, 2005

not so bitchy stitchers

As testimony to how bad my headache was yesterday, i completely forgot to rave about Stitch n Bitch.

I arrived early (as is my want) and was pretty nervous. had managed to nearly finish my comfort drink (hot chocolate with lots of cream) when someone arrived who looked knittable. In the end there were only three other women. as i suspected i was the youngest but it didnt matter. every one was so nice! and the two hours went by so quickly i couldn't believe it. i wish it was twice as long and every week not once a month :p
Nobody was in the least bit patronising... not that they should've been, but i have this secret feeling that somehow im doing it all wrong. riddickerus really, considering my turn over, but paranoia is like that. And luckily the narky shearing shed lady was not part of it (another secret concern).
There was a baby jacket, a beanie and a feather and fan scarf on various needles as well as me with my scarf, chardonnay and arabella (nobody even suggested i have a short attention span!)
Only down side was that nobody i knew was working at starbucks that night... but that would probably have given me performance anxiety anyway so it's probably just as well.

So yes, are we all updated? Chardonnay is past the ribbing and im trying to get past the arm decreases before i start on the front of Arabella. Oh yes, and i have an exam on tuesday which i should probably study for at some point :p Sorry no pics, but my camera is still away.
And i should really clean the house before mum and dad get home so their relaxing weekend isnt for naught. It's so hard cleaning with the stinky one around (brother) because he wont help, he plays metal too loud, leaves organic fragrances and doesnt clean up behind him as he goes. i just cleaned the kitchen and put on the dishwasher and already i can hear him making himself food... messy fat spitty, splashboard smeary, dirty bench, onion peels on the sink, water on the floor type food. i want to cry. I love kids but i suspect if one of us doesnt move out soon i might get over the idea of having babies one day.

Erk. Wish me luck, i go to combat the stench only a sibling can produce.

6 Comments:

  • At November 06, 2005 5:16 pm, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Hahahahaha! Imagine the most sympathetic laughter you can. I have three brothers, one grown, two pubescent. I understand.

    Good for you for going to and enjoying SnB! I've been planning to go to mine but I seriously keep forgetting. I will try to make it this week.

     
  • At November 06, 2005 6:36 pm, Blogger handknit168 said…

    I have knitted the Branching-out scarf. pls read my blog and my web shop

     
  • At November 07, 2005 2:02 am, Blogger yuvee said…

    That sounds great! I can understand how nervous you must've been, I've been eager to get to meet up with other knitters too ;)

     
  • At November 07, 2005 2:15 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    Arabella is looking good. :) love the blocks as i told u earlier.

    Aren't brothers horrible. I personally don't have any inclination for children atm. Off to continue cleaning the house too. good luck on the rest of ur exams.

     
  • At November 07, 2005 6:43 pm, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    lots going on ur end..:) so much to read! SnB meet sounds interesting. Whatever u do, have fun girl! Can't wait to see ur FOs.

     
  • At November 08, 2005 8:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I hear you my dear. I have three brothers, one of whom could probably outstink your bro in the kitchen (or provide some serious competition.) Hee!

    Keep up with the SnB. I'm in the midst of forming a mini one myself; we're currently three. Not very much but it's fun to knit with others, no matter what the number!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home