BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, October 28, 2005

A happy spider indeed...


Well, two essays have been penned by the Spider this week, and my great big sigh of relief can be heard world-wide I'm sure. One is not to be handed in til Monday, and I am definitely going to take advantage of the extra editing time, but it is in essence complete.

To celebrate, i turned my floriade cashmere skein into a centre pulling ball (as you do).
Here she is reclining by the flowering thyme. It's amazing that something so small could contain 500 metres! Isn't she just gorgeous!? (please tell me how jealous you are of me, i love to feel big :p)
It's beautiful yarn, whilst wrapping it i realised it has this lovely sheeny shiney thing going on. I have definately decided it is to be a shawly scarf type creation for my mother. She doesnt often wear scarves but this is partly because she's very sensitive to itchy fibres.
This cashmere is... bliss to touch. And i think it will be so beautiful she can wear it during the colder months when my folks go to their evening classical music concerts every month - warmth and style. I want to give it to her for christmas if I can manage it, but her birthday might be more likely (which is March, and cooling off a little more than December) Particularly as i have yet to find a pattern. I need a pattern for a large rectangular scarf with a decorative edging on each short end (you know, a spiky sort of one) and minimal yarn overs in the main body. It will be a lace stitch, but not a super fussy one. Just something to show off the consistency of the cashmere, without being too busy due to the colour changes. And not dead boring to knit for years on tiny needles. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm not even sure what size needles to go with, being that its 2ply yarn...
I'll have to hunt hard for this imaginary pattern- I don't know if I'm game to make it up as I go with a $25 skein!
My yarn package has still yet to arrive and it is distinctly longer than 3-5 days local mail now. It is SO frustrating, because I have my first Stitch n Bitch meeting EVER next thursday and I wanted to be knitting the vintage style top by then. In case i didnt already post it, the yarn is Cheope in shade 69 (soft antique blue), and conveniently at the bottom of the page is the back edition of the magazine I ordered as well. I think this means I'm the first one to buy the cheope.. hope it's good!

Also, just because it's spring... I am SO in love. Ain't life grand?

Hand in my realism essay, one exam on the 8th and then its holidays for three months! HA!

Ciao

4 Comments:

  • At October 29, 2005 4:57 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Yay for you and being finished essays. Sounds like things are lots better now. *sigh of relief* Good luck on the pattern search. That yarn is gorgeous.

     
  • At October 29, 2005 7:20 am, Blogger yuvee said…

    Happy spider indeed ;)
    Hope you'll find the perfect pattern, the cashmere looks divine, I'm sure your mom will love it.

     
  • At October 31, 2005 11:09 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    yay!
    i love that poem, next time put up your answer to the four seasons... or else!

     
  • At November 01, 2005 12:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh...cashmere. Here's to you finding the perfect pattern. (And on getting that package. What Stitch n Bitch would be complete without new yarn to show off, eh? :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home