BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, November 11, 2005

i conform therefore i am

Well folks, it's official. My soul has been sold, my life is over. I have caved in and am now fitted with an active remote subject location device. it looks something like this:

As you can probably tell from the cracked screen and white case (white???) this is a second hand phone. It was full of messages from someone called Rick to someone called Courtney... and let me tell you, before I found the 'delete all' button and i was deleting them one by one, I wanted to dump the guy. Maybe this is the final piece of the puzzle that stops me being a teenager. I don't know why, but getting "I'm sorry to wake you up babe but I just had to tell you how much i love you, you're the most sweet perfect beautiful girl in the whole world my special darling, I cant live without you" etc etc made me feel somewhat homicidal. I must admit to being occasionally disapointed with the BFGs lack of declaration, but I take him over Rick anyday, i can tell you. Rick honey, let the girl sleep or she won't be so sweet. Eck. (Also he quite frequently changed the spelling of her name.)

Also, I'm not a fan of false advertising and everytime I turn on the phone it says 'Virgin' in the middle of the screen (right before then it used to say "THE OC ROCKS!" but we soon killed that one.) Who are these people!!???!!!!

Progress on I heart cashmere scarf is slow but satisfying, I love variegated yarns :)

My boss is really really ill with the pneumonia, and it's likely they'll stick him in hospital. I shouldnt feel so catty about it, but I was going to take next week easy before going fulltime and now i dont really have an option (he's cool with it, but my conscience can't take it). BFG and i are going to the coast for two days, but I was going to use the week to sew and catch up with people. There are SO many people I have to catch up with and if i'm working tuesday to saturday I probably wont fit it in... he did offer to just close up shop until next friday, but i'd feel so bad.

But then as BFG says, I can't run the business for him and it serves him right for not taking a break in six years. sigh. I'm too soft, I'm going to cave, I just know it.

Wish me luck... and the next entry will make you wish you went down the coast this weekend too

5 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2005 6:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tis a 6610 and cases are easy to find! So are buttons! SHOPPING TIME! YAY! Have fun with it! ^_^

     
  • At November 11, 2005 9:25 pm, Blogger happyspider said…

    how it is obvious what number it is? i am obviously missing a few twists in my dna or something because i just dont get it!
    did i mention the only punctuation mark i can find is a full stop and now i have sent a few ppl messages and it looks like i cant stop for breath or am very boring. eck.

     
  • At November 12, 2005 2:23 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    hey spidey... they can't locate you if you leave the phone on silent. that's what i do! it's not so bad that way. i don't want to be one of "those people" either...

     
  • At November 12, 2005 2:33 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    lol. i'm sure u'll figure it out soon enough. :D I never switch off my phone, 24/7! and only on silent if i'm in a meeting or class or such. Have fun at the coast. I'm so jealous. :p Salut.

     
  • At November 14, 2005 2:55 am, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    the phone incident is hilarious..:D Your variegated looks fun. I haven't tried it yet. I guess I haven't found one that really hits me with the color.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home