BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

All washed up

Ok, so as if the lure of christmas knitting wasnt enough to chain me to the couch....

I forgot i had a camera, so the dirty water is actually about the 5th rinse. at first it looked like it was soaking in TEA. It still feels a tad waxy/sticky but it could be soap that didnt rinse out (you know how that can happen?). it doesnt smell quite so much like a sheeps bathroom anymore, which has got to be a plus. I'm thinking it should be a hat.... on BIG needles so theres enough. or a scarf...? oh right, christmas knitting dammit.

Oh ok, so i'm putting off fixing the wheel because im afraid i'll be really crumm
y at it as soon as Jo isnt standing next to me keeping the wheel going (i assume the hand-eye-hand-foot-foot-FOOT coordination will get better.)

So, i guess the fleece was dirtier than i thought, because what was once an almost caramel coloured skein is now a snowy white that would make mary's lamb proud. And its SO soft, why didnt anyone tell me how soft it would be?


Jo says from the crimp its probably a merino fleece, and according to the Ashford book she lent me, this means i should be spinning laceweight to fingering (yeah, right. sure. right after i land on jupitor and get my choc-o-carrots watered.)

Ooh, am having such a crummy week. You know that PMS-ey 'so tired i'm going to cry' feeling. yep, thats the one. but im not PMSing so i dont know whats going on. all i know is that i want to jab my boss in the eye with a pointy stick. how dare he ignore me when i say i cant work??? im a casual employee, i say no to a shift and thats the end of the story!!
So today i tried another tack and asked if he thought i could do a half day instead (he doesnt believe in 'shifts', i'm there as long as the shop is open. it is a PAIN.) He did that man thing where he waits a long enough period of time and then changes the subject.
Ok, i appreciate that he is moving into a new house, but he is NEVER going to get carpet laid before christmas, and i resent having to spend 5 days at the shop. i dont need the money! what i really really need is a day off!! stupid men.
SO last night bought myself a christmas present. nobody was going to
think of this anyway, and i've wanted them for ages. should arrive friday or monday... oh and i forgot to tell you all! BFG won a ball winder for me on ebay!! hoorah! except he says im not allowed to play with it until christmas, and he wont even tell me if it arrives. stupid men.


think thats the lot. back to glueing bobbins i go.

4 Comments:

  • At December 14, 2005 10:01 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    :( stupid boss. You should accidentally throw chinese fighting muffins at his head. :p You can pretend to be chucking him a muffin for breakfast. :) so you're actually being nice rather than being harmful. hehehe. my recommendation, have a nice relaxing face mask, and pamper yourself with things like foot baths, hand and nail treatments or such. :) hope u feel better.

     
  • At December 14, 2005 10:20 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Fully approve of your present to yourself and the BFGs to you. Your wool has me whimpering - it's lovely.

     
  • At December 14, 2005 11:25 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Cool pics - I love the wool in its bath and coming out all clean at the other end! Fab. Am going to have to have a go at this!
    Oh and bear huggers on needles are ace, although I did have to stop my baby nephew eating them (he thought they were jelly babies!). Hmm. Not sure if you have jelly babies in Australia...

     
  • At December 16, 2005 4:53 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    LOVE the teddy bears - I lust after those too.
    Hope you're feeling better soon - the heat and pre-Christmas stress is bound to be having an effect, hormones or not. Oh yeah, and the INSANE boss :(

    I'd love a ball winder / swift combo any time soon - I'm unravelling a bright pink 100% cotton jumper (needs to be DYED), and am getting sore arms... glad your BFG has the right idea :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home