BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, November 28, 2005

startitis


I have a hormone induced need to start a new project.
i'm craving some lace weight, something totally impossible like an heirloom baby shawl (why, WHY?). I dont have a baby, I dont plan to have a baby any time soon and I'm sure I would cry myself to sleep every night if i tried anything as crippling as a baby shawl. particularly an heirloom one. Also, they're white! they're fragile! babies are messy and damage-y! i know all these things yet am still craving.
so, stole size
Clapotis it is.
I know I know. My conscience is biting me.

Dear Spider,
Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know I think you're a lunatic. You have a long sleeved shrug to finish by the 10th. Yes, I realise Gypsy's birthday is not until the 21st, but that is not a valid excuse! that's only three days before christmas! and you have a scarf and a pair of sock to finish by then!
I realise the variegated silk has been taunting you from the stash basket, and you finally realised what it must become, but this is not the time!! It's your hormones talking girl! Honestly, a few pieces of chocolate and a hot water bottle and you go right off the deep end.
Breathe, focus, put down the needles, step away from the silk.


Ever yours,
Jiminy Cricket


PS. Yes, I did think it was funny that when you muttered "I'll need 5mm needles" to yourself your mother said "oh, dont you have any?". So, have you decided which one of your 9 pairs you'll use?

Yes well. At least it's one of those things you can stop and start because it wont go out of style and... yes i'm making excuses. i will make my deadlines, i just need to cast on right now. thankyou for your time. As soon as a 12 step program is developed, I'll join.

5 Comments:

  • At November 28, 2005 10:58 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    YAY. new projects are all good :D

    Love starting things whilst continuing other things. Keeps u busy when everyone has no time and you don't get bored of the other projects :D go go go. yatta!

     
  • At November 29, 2005 2:37 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    oh definitely. Having loads of things on the go is good - after all your hands get tired if you knit the same thing all the time!

     
  • At November 29, 2005 4:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK - so I'm currently knitting a scarf, a jumper and a shrug, and I still need to sew up/weave in ends for two other scarves and two pairs of bootees - all for other people - so why shouldn't I start a pair of socks for myself?

    (And I totally understand the baby heirloom thing - they are irresistable).

     
  • At December 01, 2005 8:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.strangebuttrewe.com/knitgi.htm

    Just thought you might be interested - its nitting afterall

    Vince

     
  • At December 02, 2005 7:22 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    More projects is always fun - and you've made good progress on Clapotis from what I saw last night at the Stitch&Bitch :)

    I agree that planning and starting a new project is the best fun — weaving in ends is the worst fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home