the new rules
The Rules (with new subclauses) :
- Thou shalt not cast on another project until one is completed (this makes the limit of projects.. er... 8?) SUBCLAUSE: Ideally this shall consist of no more than 5 major items (jumpers and shawls) and no fewer than 2 minor items. This was there is an item for every situation.
- If thou finisheth a pair of socks, thou shalt not cast on a sweater. An accessory down is an opening for another accessory. Shawls/big scarves (such as clapotis) count as sweaters.
- A project is not finished until it is a) seamed up, b) ends woven in and c) blocked if it needs it. If you seam it cruddily, seam it again. so there. SUBCLAUSE: If something needs frogging, it counts as current as long as it is on the needles. You must deal with something one way or another before you can start something new. Otherwise everyone perishes in the avalanche of bad decisions.
- When knitting a sweater, each piece does not count as an item down. Thou may say "when i finish this sleave, i'll knit those socks again" but no new item may be started.
- Thou may reserve yarn (and purchase it) in a waiting list for new projects. No swatching until a previous item is finished. SUBCLAUSE: referring to bag of yarn as 'my new sweater' is a tad crazy.
- Spinning shalt not take the place of knitting, and thou shalt discover a way of sitting that doesnt freeze thou shoulder. (thou shalt lose the fear of knitting handspun, but only once something is finished). SUBCLAUSE: this is not an excuse to stop spinning.
My socks and scarf do not count because i had far too many things on the go and am now knitting a zhivago wrap jacket (like my golden oats one) for BFG's sister in law Sophie. I like the yarn and the colour but need to behave or i'll end up shelving it because i wont get to wear it at the end (and having knit it once before, there is no mystery left. Anyone who just wondered if i ever intend to get married, bite your tongue! i can flirt with the odd pair of socks if i like!!!)
ToD, shutup about the random use of thou and you. and for the last time, my room does not smell like yarn!!!!!! (also, break a leg, your play will be brilliant)
so please, keep an eye on me. and i'll try to be good and keep accurate records of what im knitting in my side-bar (there are quite a few undisclosed currently).
thanking you in advance
the wicked Ms Spider