BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, January 16, 2006

yarncrossing


ok, so i have been a wee bit lazy about posting. i have, however, been busy!

Scarf of pea soup. the colour (as everyone secretly thought) has grown on me, and now i like it. I am so transperant!




Voila! needle case for irene (a the rate she's going it was desperately needed) before anyone asks, yes she likes pink.




I also (finally) finished my patonyle socks. Wonderful what a day of watching Red Dwarf 7 will do for your sock drawer!

And then SnB yesterday... ah my friends, memories are made of this! we have a full blown yarn swap happening! I gave jordan some bright red powder puff, and was rewarded with blue patonyle!!!!! hurrah!!! i was so excited you could have knocked me over and i would've bounced straight back up again.

I also swapped Taphophile (very unevenly) a ball of tiger stripe sock yarn for 9 balls of Katia!!! very very excited. of course, the projects are hazy but its so nice i feel enriched for having it near me.

She also managed to offload on me this batch of amazingly colourful yarn. Just to give some perspective, the big ball is bigger than my head.... im not sure what it is but i know many young children and am a sucker for variegation... Taph tried hard to send me home with my own weight in red Ack-rylic as well but i saw through her scheme! (im onto you woman!!) good contrast my foot! :p



And as luck would have it there is selected colours of cleckheaton studio 8 ply mohair 50% off at spotlight... no, really. i did need it. honestly! (oh you people have no faith!)

SnB was really really really fun, i havent smiled so much since, oh, the last one? Othlon loved the handspun, irene loved the needle case and a grand time was had by all! and in a joyful and appropriate turn of events, the next one is the day before my 21st birthday (best gift EVER!). For pictures of the yarn festivities, visit irene here! i had too many bags of yarn with me to carry a camera as well, lucky someone was organised!


And on that totally materialistic note, c'est tout!

7 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2006 9:09 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Never mind, Spidey, I'll bring the red ack next time, in case you change your mind ;)

     
  • At January 16, 2006 10:04 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    It was the best SnB ever, wasn't it? Until the next one, of course... ;)

    I liked the lime scarf - lovely colours. And a beautiful needle case for Irene! You've beat me to it with the Patonyle socks - they look GORGEOUS!

    Othlon is merrily knitting her special alpaca into something special - but I'll let her tell you all about it.

    I have some nice photos of the SnB, but haven't downloaded them from my camera yet - will let people know when they're online.

     
  • At January 16, 2006 10:59 pm, Blogger Susan said…

    good socks hey! bit of a sucker for Red Dwarf as well

     
  • At January 17, 2006 2:18 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Wow! nice socks, nice yarn... you have a great SnB spidey!

     
  • At January 17, 2006 10:10 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Ooooh that sounds like SO much fun! Love the socks too. And as for the needle case - I've got my sewing machine out and one half completed!

     
  • At January 18, 2006 2:32 pm, Blogger おにぎり said…

    glad to see your having fun :D can u believe Irene is going everywhere with the yarn now!

     
  • At January 19, 2006 3:27 am, Blogger Laura.Y said…

    ooo great pics! I love your socks and all that yarn! That needle case looks good too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home