BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, January 23, 2006

5 things

I've been tagged by laura.y!
this is very exciting as I've only ever done the "whoever wants to can do this one" variety.

***Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write a blog entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.***

1. I havent really eaten bread since age six. It gives me headaches. This pretty much extends to most pasta (gnocchi is fine), pizza, and those icky muffins they sell in places like McDoodads. In recent years several of my cousins have been diagnosed as having celiacs disease, so everyone is trying to make me go have a blood test. But I maintain that if i make it myself it's fine so it must be a preservative that sets me off (I am also absolutely terrified of needles, but that's another story and not at all 'quirky' just SANE). This does however make it difficult for me to take a packed lunch anywhere, and on the odd occasion that I -do- eat a sandwich or burger I am completely unable to do it elegantly. It's like I'm missing the software.

2. I only need to hear a song about twice to know it off by heart (this depends of course on the level of diction used by the singer) and I am totally unconscious of the fact that I sing along to every song I know. In any situation. At work. In the car. In shops. Watching movies. I lose more friends this way :p sound familiar BFG?

3. I am the worlds best procrastinator. I'm the type who can churn out a pair off socks, half a sweater and read 12 (unrelated but heavy) novels in the week a big essay is due. Considering I seem to still do ok at uni I put this down to a perfected technique.

4. I talk to myself. Frequently. And answer back. In fact, the most common self-talk you might overhear at Chez Spider is usually in relation to how insane it really -is- to talk to yourself (I can sure argue myself into the ground!)

5. I am a closet Romantic. I read bazillions of romance novels and sob through chick flicks. In the outside world I openly mock icky displays of romance and affection... but only because I'm secretly jealous. There is a line though: flowers from the garden is romantic, personal ads on Valentines Day addressed to 'snookywooky' and 'cuddlebum' should be outlawed. Eck. The quickest way to my heart is to eat my cooking and offer to rub my back. And say my knitting is cool of course.

Ok, I tag.... Othlon, Jejune, Taphophile, Cathy and Twisted Gabriel. Only if you want, i know you girls have important knitting related stuff to post about >_<

Also just wanted to share a little tale with you all. When I was six years old there was a girl living in the house next door to my grandmothers. I used to go there every day after school and we became Best Friends. We stayed thick as thieves til we were about 16, and then suddenly boys and different schools and different outlooks got in the way. I have seen her probably five times in the last 5 years. Today I called her mother and got her mobile number and phoned her. It was absolutely terrifying but I'm so glad I did because she's still my Sammy. And I have missed her like crazy. So, she's coming to my 21st and we're going to make a real effort to get to know each other again. There are some things that are too good to be left to die. I'm so glad I worked up the guts!!

A Bientot!

3 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2006 10:14 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Hello,I just read that you had 'tagged' me and would like to clear up the rule thingy,do I go ahead and put my 2c in with 5 quirky things and then tag 5 others?
    this will be fun!

     
  • At January 24, 2006 6:42 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Done the tag thing.

     
  • At January 25, 2006 1:55 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Thanks for tagging me - I really need something like this to procrastinate with (yeah, I do, honest!!) so I can avoid working on my book.... ;) Contrary to your admission, I am actually the world's best procrastinator!

    So glad you caught up again with your old friend - that's wonderful :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home