BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, February 06, 2006

birthday

Well i have been getting nagged by various friends to put up pics of my gifts. I blame my parents who went and told everyone in the universe what they were giving me.... leading to a week of "i know what your parents are getting you" and "they're really proud so pretend you like it even if you dont". Hey, friends of spidey:- remember me? the one who goes nutty with anticipation? you guys are cruel!

OK. so. my parents gave me this. Its gold, the stones are emeralds and the leetle white ones are diamonds. I was a little bit uncertain when I opened it (not that anyone could tell - opening gifts is so embarrasing, i usually have a face like a torture victim) because im more of a silver wearer than a gold wearere. but i decided the antique-y setting would look dumb in silver (and polishing around stones would be stupid). and the colours do suit me - i LOVE dark greens. I must apologise for lack of modelled photos - nobody is at home and i wanted to get this utterly materialistic post over with :p

My brother gave me these white opal earrings which are really lovely. i got a bit teary because our late grandmother was a hobby geologist and had a jar of uncut opals in her kitchen. i've always wanted something opal-y so it was a lovely gift.

BFG outdid himself. It never even occured to me that i should ask for Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies, even though i've been plotting to fill my shelf with them for years! as its also a good 18months since i last watched one, he is deserving off lots of hugs. Also the romantic-y stories Agatha Christie wrote under a psuedonym.

My SnBers have ruined me totally also (sorry again if i looked less than thrilled, its the out-on-the-spot-ness. its happended since about age 4). Taph gave me a great knitting/bookcrossing tote and some gorgeous lantern moon needle sleeves ( i didnt tell you, but when i showed them to my folks my mum said "oh are you sure they are for knitting needles? they look like stockings for people with really skinny funny little legs". at this point i should mention that whilst playing balderdash a few years ago, we got a name and had to say what that person had invented. her answer read "inventor of a machine that allows the user to travel between dimensions" and couldnt understand why noone thought it was the real reason). Jejune and Othlon gave me a home-made row-counter bracelet (which works like a dream btw).

And irene, the naughty girl, gave me bling and boxes! naturally boxes are now full of yarn ( i am in heavy denial and am pretending all my sock yarn fits in the big box.)

Two out of my three aunts on my dads side of the family appeared on my birthday (evil she-devil aunt was naturally absent). My aunt Jill and her family gave me Diesel feminine perfume, and my aunt Sean and family gave me a handbag and some earrings. It was a really sweet gesture because we dont see each other very often and to see two aunts and one uncle AND a cousin on my birthday meant alot to me.

And BFGs mother presented a badly-needed sewing basket to the cause (red to match my dress form)

and then there were the gifts spidey bought :p. we all know about the amazon books and there may or may not be a ball of rainbow opal sock-yarn in the wings as well. but i really did need more clothes (nods) and these were cute.

Dress.. just fell in love. It has BOW at the BACK people!

Tshirt seemed strangely appropriate.



Oh and some yarn and bamboo dpns.. (oh look, a diversion!)

Ok, after all that a need a lie-down and a cup of tea. sadly bex was taken off the market >_<

Thankyou to everyone, and i had a lovely birthday (SO OLD!)

3 Comments:

  • At February 06, 2006 6:34 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Bling is great, dress is dangerous, stockings for people with skinny, weird legs are at least silk ;) Don't Jejune's Knitting Rosaries work well - clever chicken.

     
  • At February 06, 2006 9:34 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Good haul there Spidey ;) Some lovely pretty pretties, definitely a dangerous dress, clever BFG for noticing what you'd like (he's a keeper!), and glad you like all the knitty things :)

     
  • At February 07, 2006 10:14 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oh yes, 21 is absolutely ancient! Just you wait until you get to my age (26)!!! ;-) Hey, I'm now nearer to 30 than 20 - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
    And, just like the people I end up sitting with on the train say, "aren't you a bit young to be knitting"?!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home