BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, February 20, 2006

uni.... eewww

i am not impressed. why? why do i have to go to school? why is the universe so unjust? by rights i should not have to work or study, be able to read what i want, sleep when i want and knit and spin to my hearts content.
but no. spinning wheels are large and awkward and near impossible to take on a bus. If the unimaginative people at UC think knitting is weird, can you imagine if i pulled out horace in the middle of the refectory and started spinning away... (am actually enjoying the mental picture. if you are going to be noticed for something, better that it is your visible insanity than the size of your bosoms).
knitting is portable i hear you cry!? yes it is, but when you are on a sole project diet for reasons of guilt and persuasion.... well i have finished the back of Sophie's wrap jacket, the two front pieces and am nearly past the ribbing on both sleeves (worked together so they are even). when those are done then i get to do the ridiculously painful fringe, seam and post it to melbourne. in my hallucinatory state of denial i think this will be early next week (trips off to la-la-land). oh my lonely socks are weeping...
and yes.. uni. eeeeeeeewww.

had SnB yesterday with LOTS of newbies! its so great to take over the world, we had about 15 i think!! new additions were monique, esther, monica... there were lots anyway. its getting so its hard to talk to everyone in three hours! i took my new books and assorted sock yarns and basked in the best friends a girl could have.

in other breaking spider news, BFG has brilliantly set up my family's old computer in my bedroom... so now i am blogging from the quiet of my own bedroom. not interrupted by my dads 'hiroshima hell in harpsichord' or my brother watching tv so loud my ears bleed. Oh the joy!

anyway, no pictures today because i am a) tired, b) lazy and c) the new computer is virtually empty.

ciao for now

4 Comments:

  • At February 20, 2006 10:18 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Life is SO unfair! Will someone please find this woman some independent means? While you're at it, I'd settle for semi-independent means. :)

     
  • At February 21, 2006 1:58 am, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Wow! Congrats on SnB, new computer, and the discipline to stick to a single project. (I wouldn't know what that last part is like.)

    Just keep repeating to yourself: "university is a means to an end... a means to an end ..."

    That's all I can offer because I miss the free time of summer too. ;)

     
  • At February 22, 2006 11:42 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Life is definitely unfair... what can I say? Knit on the bus, knit in lectures, knit in the library, spin at home, and enjoy having the computer in your bedroom :)

    Perhaps you need to find a wealthy benefactor, who wants a spinning / knitting woman installed permanently in the conservatory?

     
  • At February 24, 2006 12:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tell you what, if you can get the spinning wheel into the refectory, ill sit next to you and distract everyone that walks past with my enormous brests :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home