BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

...and i was being so good too!

There i was, having finished and emailed in an assignment, knitting my town and country socks. I popped ferris beuler's day off on and set to reward myself for my crappy last minute job...

strangely enough, through some massive lapse in concentration, when the movie ended i had in my hands not a completed sock but half a beanie! Those of you who know my fear of my own handspun may rejoice: the fated day is apon us. it's lovely to knit with, doesnt split but it does have a few floofy bits (monica has created a word) that can get caught on your needles if you're not looking. The dark brown ribbed bit is to be a folded up cuff and the paler (and softer) yarn will be hidden by it (its for a bloke and thought the caramel/white might be a tad girly... but know how men dont like their ears to itch).
I must admit.. it isnt as scary as i thought it would be... it's just sad to see the ball deflate slowly from within.
and i was so intent to wear my socks to uni on wednesday too >.<

knit on!

Ms Spider (she of the short attention span)

PS. at least my procrastination is focused... as you can see the cuff idea didnt last very long, the recipient and i decided the caramel was not at all girly and that stripes were a good thing... and it has been named Cappuccino (get it, cap? yes i groaned too...)

Peace out.


7 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2006 1:16 pm, Blogger mumblingmonkey said…

    Hooray for fun and relaxing knitting! Your socks will be ready to wear on Wednesday, no fear. Just, not this Wednesday. Oh well.

     
  • At April 25, 2006 7:07 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Do not worry, you'll have YEARS of wear out of your socks (that's the joy of handknitted ones!)

     
  • At April 25, 2006 8:09 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Oh it's just bewdiful, Spidey - not at all girly!

     
  • At April 26, 2006 1:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eirFerris Bueller's Day Off = Top Ten Best Movies of the 80s, Like, EVER.

    P.S. I just bought that DVD because it was sale. I love me a sale!

     
  • At April 27, 2006 7:13 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    HI The cap looks Fantastic!!!!
    Can't finish my dyed socks today,the rascal dog pulled the ball to pieces last night,probably because we have her on a diet!

     
  • At April 27, 2006 5:50 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Well done making a Cap which has a joke name and is from your very own handspun - hurrah! It looks luvverly.

     
  • At May 01, 2006 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey pen, love the beanie. I spend forever trying to find good beanies and most of them suck (with the exception of the folk festival ones which cost a mint), but that looks heaps good. good to read that your doing better too, hope life keeps looking up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home