BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Friday, March 24, 2006

WIPs

well, i figured now that the arm is well and truly knitting again i ought to out myself for having far too much on the go. And for those dedicated readers (ha!) i would just like to say that we can pretty much take it as read that my little on the needles list in the sidebar is hideously outdated and only the tip of the iceberg anyway. I'm sure one day i'll pull my finger out and put up pics of everything i have finished (and work out this whole buttons business) but for now, you may work out what i am knitting via guesswork.

These are the to-up BFG socks. This sock yarn was purchased at 50% off!! and then Himself decided it wasnt too vivid and i could make a pair of socks for him out of it. I agreed (honestly, you would hardly have noticed my facial tic) and then raced back to the store the next day to pick up more for me, ME, ME! and then it was 75% off!!! HA!

(cough) anyway, i worked the pattern out from the twisted sister sock workbook which is my current favourite. And it has brought me to the realisation that I really need to marry someone with small feet OR find a new way to express love. I'm going with the smaller feet option i think.

Here is the country silk cardigan in all her glory... posing with my new lantern moon needles (the 4.5mm recline in one of the cases Taphophile gave me for my birthday.. she gave me two which is why i had to buy two pairs of needles... perfectly logical just SHUT RIGHT UP)

Here is the crochet bolero for one of my favouritised people in the world (here). its ok, i much prefer knitting. i think my main motivation is knowing how adoreable it will look on her :p lets just say she can probably wear it in the spring at the rate im going..

Oh and this my pretties is my new scarf that i have unvented!

The I Can't Believe It's Not Garter Stitch Scarf

You will need:
  • a 60cm circular needle (I'm using 7mm)
  • 2 balls yarn (i'm using softly variegated mohair of the same dyelot, but two different colours would work well too). i shall call them B1 and B2.. because i can.
So, you cast on 30 sts or so with B1 (really depends on your yarn and needles and stuf... really people this isnt rocket science, just cast on as many as you think will be right.)
Knit 2 rows in B1.
Push all the stitches to the other side of the circular needles (gasp!!) and attach B2. Knit 2 rows B2.
Push all the stitches to the other side of circs and pick up B1 again (loosely). Knit 2 rows.
Continue like this until you have a long scarf or run out of yarn.

Yup, exciting or what? i quite like the stitch pattern, i am getting very soft stripes and each side is slightly different. Clearly the name is because you knit every row.

anyway, i think that is all. I got a cheque in the mail from sophie today (she of the green jacket) and now i have purchased some lorna's laces in bittersweet so that is my treat for the day. hands up those who think spidey should have saved money for her upcoming trip to vanuatu! now shhh

Re: my health. slowly recovering, still quite fluey and am now down 6.5kg despite voracious appetite. but i feel alot better, alot happier. so.. yes. Thanks everyone for your concern (and much love to all the sweethearts who thought i might be trapped in a hurricane! not my part of the country i'm glad to say!)

ciao bella

5 Comments:

  • At March 24, 2006 7:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey babe, sounds like you have alot on your plate (he he he :P). the projects look cool.

     
  • At March 24, 2006 8:44 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Socks looking fantastic. I recommend amputation for the large biped. A fairly drastic step, admittedly, but reasonable under the circumstances.

     
  • At March 24, 2006 10:50 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    I was in my LWS today all too briefly and Cheryl went through her Patons catalogue showing the latest yarns available for her to order and that blue fairisle type was one of the new ones! I can't beleive you had 75% off!!!!!!!!

    Talk about WA being a Wait A While state, but hopefully she will be getting it soon. I bought the plain blue tone on as she only had that black another one that I already had but looks a bit boring!

    I wish Patons would catch up with the colours that the German people are making ,even bright colours would be great!

     
  • At March 24, 2006 10:52 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Ps hope you feel better over weekend!
    I think We may be in for it here shortly,my oldest has a bug,so I am into the zinc tablets!!!!!!!

     
  • At March 25, 2006 9:38 am, Blogger おにぎり said…

    glad you're feeling a little better. take care of yourself ne. hmm.. I have a pic for you which I might pass with alex if i don't get to see u before I leave ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home