ok enough of that. i thought perhaps if i was very sneaky i could distract you all from... well. once i went to a counsellor for my depression and mentioned struggling to maintain concentration at uni (i have insomnia so often am very very sleep deprived at uni) and she said "have you ever been told you might have ADHD?"
i could only stare at her. me? hello? i live for complicated and involved projects and am painfully focused on things that make my friends eyes water with boredom.
but i'm beginning to wonder.
I currently have on the go (in no particular order and possibly omitting several things that i have fallen so far out of love with that i refuse to admit they ever existed):
- country silk cardigan (most of sleeves to go, seaming, blocking, front bands and button location required)
- Pink stripey patonyle socks (exactly like these) for liv's 21st birthday.. a month ago
- pretendy vera socks
- zebra hoodie for ToD's boss' baby (due october, started yesterday AM INSANE)
- red bobble socks (how cute with new mary-janes??)
- purple bobble socks (for leah, my slowly recovering pal)
- crochet bolero (dont ask, do you want to see me cry?)
- splice/jaywalker socks (pretty much as much as i have in this pic)
- clapotis (yes i admit i dont like it anymore... but to frog is to admit defeat... far better to hide from self)
Things i want to cast on despite the above:
- some sort of turtle neck cosy sweater (maybe with cables) in some of the new patons jet. seriously yummy yarn!
- sneaky socks for certain person to wear to work (being black above the shoe and random and rainbow under the shoe)
- banana booties and mittens for aforementioned baby
- cabled beanie for self in some heirloom alpaca in a soft blue/blush (no pattern, but the one i knit in my head is sure pretty)
- leg warmers (my work is FREEZING!)
- at this point lets just assume there are about 6 pairs of socks i want to knit, including out of this: which arrived on thursday (am SO charmed by the reinforced yarn)
- socks for dad
- about 5 beanies for various people (one of whom live in LISMORE and will NEVER have need of a beanie ever again)
- a new clapotis in some of the purple laceweight i scored at the SnB before last.
ok im going to stop because i sound deranged, but.. well. am i the only one who craves sock yarn?
On less embarrasing news, SnB was last night ^_^. was SO greatly needed and i am thrilled to have spread my sock love around a bit (seriously ladies, you need ANYTHING and you tell me! nothing is worth giving up on socks!!). Had lovely dinner with Irene and Jen first and we will one day rule the world! just so you are all warned.
what else... ah i got my placement for prac and it all seems to be ok. and i enjoyed my week off muchly. except im working when i wasnt going to be but its stash enhancement money for Ms Spider so im not going to argue.
think that be it!
Knit on mes amies!
Ms Spider xo