BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, July 06, 2006

and again

hello again (i have had a sleep since the last post so try not to judge me... it's uni break!)

As some of you may have predicted, i lost my drive to.. leave the house today. this may or may not be due to the smegging jo sharp silkroad aran- this is THE NICEST yarn i have ever knit with... it's got CASHMERE in it people! i am in heaven and then suddenly its 1.30pm and i cant be bothered brushing my hair into a state worthy of walking downtown. so yes.
but here is the so-far-ness of the sherpa stealth scarf (inspired in part by the great vid lent to me by karen - will bring it along tonight, promise!). illusion knitting rocks :p
boring scarf?
not-so-boring scarf. Sherpa has a bit of a pirate obsession going on. you would never have guessed if i hadnt told you eh?

oh and the socksual healing socks for my boss' ill mother. i could have gotten halfway through the second foot last night but the only other heel im on at the moment is black and i figured this yarn shows the heel turning in a much clearer way - and whats a few days delay really? theres only so hard i have to push myself - its not like she knows im knitting them for her, and they have only taken 8 days to get this far anyway. thanks again to Taph for the yarn - it simply radiates get-well-ness. And i love the cable-rib sock pattern. LOVE IT.and i think that be all for now :) i'm having a massage this arvo so if im a bit spacey at SnB thats why. and dont frown at me like that, my shoulder has been giving me trouble and the Dr TOLD me i had to have lots of massages so there. nyer nyer nyer!

see you sweet things this evening!
knit on!
Ms Spider xo

6 Comments:

  • At July 06, 2006 10:15 pm, Blogger DrK said…

    trent's jumper is in the jo sharp DK and its the nicest wool ive ever knitted with. although theres still the pink grapefruit to come. i'll shut up about that soon.

     
  • At July 07, 2006 1:42 am, Blogger Spinner said…

    Love the pirate scarf. Very cool - where did you get the pattern? Or did you make it up yourself (this is the first time I've visited your blog so I don't know the history yet). I'm eagerly awating the release of Pirates of the Caribbean II tomorrow and wish I had a scarf like that to wear. Hmmmmm.....HOW fast can I knit and still do my job.... darn job :(

     
  • At July 07, 2006 7:42 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    So much for knitting monogomay ;). Still that scarf is looking pretty bloody good - way to go Spidey.

     
  • At July 07, 2006 8:13 am, Blogger Bells said…

    Thanks for the sock-assistance last night Spidey. I intend to have a turned heel of my own to show you next time. Cool scarf, too!

     
  • At July 07, 2006 10:24 am, Blogger Denise said…

    Was great to see you and Sherpa last night - and both so happy - hmmm, I wonder if you're suited to each other? LOL!

    Amazing scarf - I'm going to have to actually knit something with this technique to 'get it' - mere words haven't done it for me yet. All tricky and whatsit.

    And beautiful socks too, but you didn't me to tell you that - you ALWAYS make delicious socks :)

     
  • At July 08, 2006 1:40 am, Blogger Spinner said…

    Hello :)

    Thanks for letting me know about the not-yet-scarf pattern. I will keep checking in to see what else you're up to. I'm not QUITE at the point of designing my own stuff - but that's because of a high-school-math-phobic-graph paper-fear. I'll get over it sooner or later.

    Saw Pirates II last night (12:01 showing. Not sure if it's out in Australia but would recommend it - not brilliant or anything, but good fun)

    Happy Friday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home