BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, January 11, 2007

flying too close to the sun

So, as promised, the spider got her wings.

For those of you who need details, this is Icarus from Interweave Knits Summer 2006. I knit it in bendigo 2ply that i dyed in Blue Lagoon colourway. I used 3.75mm needles and did the last couple of rows in a 2ply handspun i had knocking around from my handspun shawl because i wanted to anchor it a bit. I love the edging, it really made me happy when i saw the yarns together. I cast off a bit early, i still had 2 rows of the chart left and i just did a stretchy cast off instead of the four row edging in the pattern. i cant tell if theres any difference, i'm happy with it :) VERY.

I am off to play house with Othlon and her bro for a few days so i may be absent from the blog... but i hope not. the yarn fest ought to be documented, no?

Ms Spider xo

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home