happy gnu year
Firstly, for my own records, some resolutions:
- Get fitter (suddenly some of my clothes are very tight... this is disconcerting.)
- Do my uni work when i get it.
- try to take it easy with the random startitis fits - or at least learn some finishing stamina. (and for those loyal readers who just gasped and said i finish everything very quickly... the blog is the tip of the iceberg. you dont need to know everything i cast on....)
- have a berloody housewarming party already! (may coincide with my birthday)
- Be more social. I have gotten rusty. apart from sherpa and anyone who knits i really struggle to make an effort socially. i would like to excersize this muscle until i am comfortable chatting to strangers again (i always say the stupidest things!!!)
Now, to the interesting stuff.
I finished one mitten. It is beautiful. i love it. the floats are beautiful. the texture is beautiful. unfortunately there is a small problem...
apparently my hands are in no way 'adult medium'. Sherpa who is in no way resistant to colour thinks it is pretty swish... but i dont want him to get killed in the street.
this raises a slight ethical problem for me. if you comment, please vote on this. If you are gifted yarn, are you only allowed to use said yarn on projects for yourself? or is it ok to knit a gift for someone else out of gifted yarn? Guidance will be appreciated.
Here is my 'Blue Lagoon' shawl. I decided against the yarn harlot shawl (i prefer top down shawls) and have instead cast on the Icarus shawl from Interweave Knits Summer 2006 (this is Jejune's mag, I'm sorry I've had it so long!). It's simple but it does chug along quite nicely. I cant wait til i get to the feather tip bits... drool. and the blocking. just magic.
That probably covers it for now.
Hope everyone had a lovely new years and all. hope to see everyone at SnB on thursday (i need my fix of sanity)