BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, July 24, 2008

almost back to the salt-mines

Well, for three days anyway. That headache that was threatening turned into a full blown migraine on Monday evening and by Wednesday afternoon I was past denial so I left lesson plans for today. I'm still pretty rough, but it's amazing how much easier it is to cope without dealing with loud kids, bells, builders (there's a new disabled access lift being put in) and general mayhem.

Knitting!

I finished the back piece of my little cotton cardi. I didnt notice until near cast-off, but this yarn has a definite bias. I know most cotton yarns do, but this is quite pronounced. I think it will be ok after blocking and seaming.Back piece blocking with wall'o'yarn backdrop.
Also cast on a BSG for Georgie. This is my 4ply sock yarn in Pansies, and I'm having fun. I've knit it enough that it's pretty mindless migraine knitting so it's my partner today (don't worry George, migraines are not contageous as far as i know).
And... I have a little news for you all. Still ironing out the bugs and in no mental place to deal with coding right now but... well, click here. :)

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

ETA - rant removed. didnt need to be reminded of all my bile. hello, gremlin?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2008 3:30 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    The new shop looks great!

    I would let the stuff at school go through to the keeper. This time next year you won't be so new, or young. It happens at every new job, no matter how experience or knowledgable (or old) you are. Being treated like a newbie sucks, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and promise yourself you won't do the same to any other newbies that come after you!

     
  • At July 24, 2008 7:48 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    I am a first year teacher too, and it sounds like we are very similar as teachers! The thing that annoys me at my school is they forget that I am new to teaching, and new to the school and tell me NOTHING! When I eventually make a mistake, they are all, "we assumed you knew, didn't anyone tell you?" Uh... no? Otherwise I wouldn't have done it?
    Honestly, the best thing about being a teacher is the kids. I could do without everything else (especially the admin!)

     
  • At July 25, 2008 12:09 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Adore the oranges and lemons and flambe - oh my - as soon as I am feeling solvent you are soo shopped!!
    Hope you feel much much better soon!

     
  • At July 26, 2008 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read your rant yesterday and I sympathise with you, but that is the way may schools work. I can only say that if you remember how it feels now, in 20 years you can make a difference and not treat new teachers the same way. Schools are mired in nepotism and I've been here a long time so what I do is right-ism. You sound like an innovative, thoughful and bright young teacher, who doesn't squash her class the way she is squashed!! It does get better!!! No wonder your classes like you!!

     
  • At July 26, 2008 3:39 pm, Blogger Georgie said…

    Congrats on the new shop! And I cant tell you how hilarious it is to me that the BSJ is your "migraine knitting" (not that you have one of course, my sympathies)...just reading the instructions, let alone trying to knit a BSJ gives me a headache!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home