BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've been busier than I thought

Well, I'm ridiculously pleased with myself:
Voila! the completed sleeve portion of the seashell shrug! Only 6 months in the making... phew. I've been a very responsible little puppy and washed the piece. After 6 months i figure it wouldnt hurt to rinse the dust off it, right?
Yesterday I finished my Moses Fire socks too. Ooh, that pic is blurrier than i thought. Let's just pretend it's the cashmere fuzz, k? They were meant to be for me but i think i need to gift them to a woman at my work who's been just the most amazing source of support over the last month or so. It's not like I've been teaching long enough to have any decent advice or resources to offer her, and i know she'll appreciate them.
Also started a lace shrug on friday. It's going to be for Taph who needs one in October and does not have the lace-is-fun chromosome in her genetic makeup. It was originally going to be in a frugalled coned 3-ply but clearly I am a decadent hedonist because i succumbed and purchased some 2ply cashmere (from here) because it would be so much nicer to knit with... and of course, to wear.
Having finished the red socks i cast on some green ones so I wouldn't be without bus knitting tomorrow morning. It's the Catherine pattern from ravelry using Filati Bacio. I am surprised at this yarn! It's 50/50 wool and ack which is a little too much ack for me usually... but it's a gorgeous yarn.
I love European yarns for this reason; when they use acrylic, it's to improve the yarn. They do it so well! In Australia, ack always gives the impression that it was chucked into the mix because it was cheap. Katia, GGH and Filati... the ack is to improve wear, soften the yarn up, do something special. I respect that. It's the yarn first, you know?
Anyway, my point is - this is a very nice sock yarn and I'm sure it will wear like a dream. And of course the colours are sensational.
Oh, and I finished Francis on Thursday night - mad dash to have something warm to wear on Friday!Photos are not great because, as usual, i dont have a photographer or decent light, but you get the idea. It is my new favourite - so soft, so warm! No seaming! yummeh!

I'm sure there are heaps of other little WIPs running around but that's enough for now. i dont want you all thinking I'm a crazy person.

One week and then it's mid-year holidays! Expect slightly more lucidity soon-ish.

Peace out,
Ms Spider xo

PS. Big clicks to Georgie who added to her family tree on Friday. I wonder who cleaned up on the due-date bets?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2008 7:14 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Busy busy busy! (Of course, Georgie also managed to add to her stash while in labour!!! - Good trick!)

    Love the Frances - I have thepattern and the yarn and somewhere I will find the time!

     
  • At June 30, 2008 9:42 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Oh my that's a lot of work. The Frances is divine, as are the socks.

     
  • At June 30, 2008 1:19 pm, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    Oooh! Your Francis is finished! Yummeh! Let me know your mods of the sleeve length. It looks simply gorgeous!

    And the socks look gooood too. :)

     
  • At June 30, 2008 7:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovev the socks, both the red and the green.

    Francis looks like a very lovely jumper, the cowl is gorgeous.

     
  • At July 04, 2008 10:00 am, Blogger m1k1 said…

    Yep. I'm with them. Love the Francis. So many wants, so little time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home