BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning.

Apologies if I just got that appalling song stuck in your head, but I think I might be broken. Looking at medical sites identifies what I'm feeling as vertigo rather than dizziness and let me tell you - it ain't much fun. The world is spinning, rocking, refusing to stay still and I have to hang on to the walls to stay upright. As I'm feeling a little head-cold-y and have one ear that feels pretty deaf I think it's probably related to that rather than a brain tumour (I know, I know, googling your symptoms is for fruit-cakes because unless it's nice and obvious like a broken leg, everything is always a symptom of brain tumours).

This is a little test. See, now I know that if I don't improve by Monday I can function at work. Walking around holding the walls makes me look a little inebriated but might raise my street cred with the kids? Possibly less so with my colleagues though, which might be unfortunate.

While I am still upright, i shall share my knitting.
I finished the skirt... but apparently I need to wear a slip under it. Interested parties can go see it on ravelry but somehow the blog is a little too public an airing for the outline of my knickers :p
I am rather happy with it, though it has to be worn with heels or the curvy-ness looks disproportionate.

On Sunday evening I started the Bell-Sleeve jacket from Vogue Knitting Holiday 06 by Daniel Adamczyk. It calls for a 12ply but I got gauge with Cleckheaton Country 8ply and I am loving the resulting fabric. I have completed the back piece and the left front so far and all the cables and such make it an engaging knit. I LOVE the cleckheaton at this gauge, particularly post washing and blocking. It is soft and has enough drape without going floppy and the details just pop! I can see this becoming a favourite garment.
As well as vertigo I apparently have a slight case of Startitis because despite the joy of the aforementioned jacket... I just keep craving new stuff.Hence this little mess.

There has also been dyeing.
Yummeh!


And I'll leave you with some bunnies of doom. They really are such good company. even when they are stealing my chips.Or my man...They are finding the current weather a little chilly and this sprawl was the result of my having the heater on in the office - happy bunnies! Monty's winter coat is coming through and he's like a little nugget of fur. that double chin thing? all fur.

wish i could argue the same thing for me... :p

Peace out,
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At April 26, 2008 4:16 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    *chortle* - should have read this post first. OK, not a brain tumor. The jacket is looking so pretty, can't wait to see it finished.

     
  • At April 26, 2008 4:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I NEVER google my symptoms: scares the willies out of me.
    The Vogue jacket looks beautiful, and look at all your other work!!
    Love the bunnies: they are so cute.
    Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At April 27, 2008 1:56 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Oh gorgeous jacket - and those naughty bunnies are TOOOOO cute!
    You are an inspiration - and don't mention startitis - trying to catch finishitis!

     
  • At April 28, 2008 2:38 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Have you got Labyrinthitis? I had it two weeks ago (and I've still partly got it!) and your symptoms sound VERY familiar!!

     
  • At April 30, 2008 11:10 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    I get labrynthitis regularly, and it sounds like you have it too.

    Go to the chemist and get some old fashioned Sudafed (or similar sinus tablets). They will dry your ears out. Then go to the doctor and get some stemitil. It's for nausea but it helps!

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

     
  • At May 03, 2008 11:55 am, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    That cardi of yours is going to be amazing on you.

    And I love your bunnies.... sooo cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home