BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, March 13, 2008

this way madness lies

my friends, I have to tell you: I am wreckage. I have 2 1/2 days of anti-biotics left and i'm still coughing my lungs up hourly. I've been back at school for the last three days and i'm SO behind. I mean, my classes are fine and everything but i've done nowhere near the amount of marking i wanted to have done by now. Is making me crazy.
So tonight i am at home, marking essay drafts which i will return to my kids at the Swimming Carnival tomorrow. Marking essay drafts is not a sanity-forward type activity.

I am not a fan of the whole sports carnival thing. When i was at school as a student i was always a conscientious objector. As a teacher, that doesnt go down so well. So i've nominated myself for patrol of my house area. Apparently this is a crappy job, but i quite like playground duty and i dont want to encourage the kids to feel crappy by being a judge. yech.

and before you ask, there is no way in hell that i am going swimming. I do not need my students to see my cellulite, thankyou so very much!

A few people have asked recently exactly how big the stash is. After recent binge-ful events there has definitely been some stash explosion. It may have tripled.

This is my yarn room, also known as the spare room (if Monkey is in ear-shot) or Vic's room (during the reign of terror). Those two boxes contain sweater quantities of yarn that are not in original packets. Is that weird? Plastic bags just dont stack the same way, and they dont make zip-locks big enough. The two baskets in the background contain happyspider hand-dyed and spun for the obdm wool day this year :D
This is the cupboard that was the wardrobe in this room. You will notice large quantities of woolbale (which i am a fan of) and merino spun, also lots of pale yarn for dyeing. there is also spinning fibre and assorted odd-balls.
This is my cupboard in the office. See what I'm saying about yarn packets stacking so nicely? This is my pride-ful cupboard, containing all the yarn i want on hand to inspire me. left to right, top to bottom by stack. Top-ish shelf: Anchor Magicline cotton and some Katia Arc en Ciel; 4 packs of Zara and 1 pack of Me, 2 packs 8ply cotton, 3 packs Patons Dreamtime, 1 pack merino et soie, a few straggling balls of Me for Mum's cardi, some white moda vera bamboo/cotton; 7 packets of Zhivago.
Middle-ish Shelf: 7 packets of Jet; 2 packs white Inca 3 packs machinewash 8ply, 1 pack machinewash 5ply; 5 packs cleackheaton country, 1 pack white Inca; 2 packs of cleackheaton country 12ply.
Bottom shelf: basket of handspun and some cotone; moda vera supremo, paul and harmony; moda vera paul, katia espiga and moda vera merinos wool acrylic; 6 packets of harvest 8ply.
Tubs underneath - sock yarn, laceweight and odd balls.

none of this covers the stuff i intend to sell on or dispose of somehow. There are five giant boxes in the living room that are either being listed on my ravelry sell page or else i might cave in to eBay again soon. If only to get my living room back.
now that my full sickness is displayed I feel somehow less dirty. So I am cleansed - at least til the next binge.

I leave you with a few thoughts from some essay drafts I am marking (five points if you can tell me what the novel is):

"Ralph, as a head, is very calm at the beginning of the book."

"If and when they are broken or are not followed, the society will most likely fall and crumble and people will go their separate ways which does not do well in trying to achieve one amalgamated group."

"Jack would rather have stayed on the island as long as he got his protein."

Think calm, well structured, grammatically correct and sane thoughts for me...

Peace out,
Ms Spider

PS. How unfair is it that my house colour is yellow? i own no clothing that colour, precisely because it looks awful on me!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At March 13, 2008 10:40 pm, Blogger Bron said…

    oooh oooh um is it kid nation teehee
    or that episode of the simpsons??
    (book?? what do you mean book?)
    Stash looks good - the pride-ful cupboard looks very inspiring!! =)
    Good stashing =)

     
  • At March 13, 2008 10:51 pm, Blogger kittenkong67 said…

    Mmm, I was yellow house in both primary and high school - and actually yellow quite suits me ;-)

     
  • At March 14, 2008 12:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, too well do I remember Lord of the Flies. And I can't wear yellow either; green looks much better.

    Thanks for sharing your stash. I'm having mixed feelings about my own lately and not sure what to do about that yet....

     
  • At March 14, 2008 9:28 am, Blogger gemma said…

    Lord of the flies it is, and a very creepy book/movie indeed.

    So you will have a stall at the markets for yarn day ... yay, now I really will have to go, just to show my daughter your yarny goodness.

    rum in milk for bed times, will make you cough a little, but sleep like a baby.

     
  • At March 14, 2008 10:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look after yourself: truly, school doesn't matter, they will get by without you, : voice of experience here!!! Flu is generally free sick leave too, well it is here!!
    I have been in green and brown houses but, I always wear green anyway!!
    I love your stash and the packets do stack so nicely. Do you just, sometimes, go in and touch the packets?? I would!!!!

     
  • At March 14, 2008 11:55 am, Blogger Caffeine Faerie said…

    *heads off to view the ravelry page - stay tuned for shopping to follow.*

    Look after yourself, worrying about not getting better does lead to more madness, hot tea, lots of rest and sleep is what is needed - the school will not burn down because you are not there. Trust me, I grew up with a teacher that didn't believe this, and he sometimes didn't get better for months - not a good idea.

    So, sending you get well soon thoughts! And go fondle some of that amazing stash.

     
  • At March 15, 2008 9:22 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    LOL,I feel a lot better to see your stash! Mine starts at 240 litres of yarn,good yarn,hardly any synthetics, but there are stashes all over the house of others including fibre(the top of the fridge is full of fleece,the corner of lounge has another pile,LOL
    I havent read Lord of The Flies but your quotes remind me of Lost the never ending series on telly!!!!
    Are your collegues chasing the wages row? The teaching staff here nearly did a walk out this week due to misleading income information publised in the Western australian (I think thats the right paper)
    One teacher here is on $42 000 but the add said she should be on $60000 for a country teacher of her experience! There were TV crew and paper people crawling everywhere and we missed seeing them as we gardeners were in another part of the school!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home