BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, January 28, 2008

self-snaps - the peril!

Err. Yeah.Apologies for the blurriness, flash does not work a) in the mirror or b) with my complection (that's right folks, I'm 23 in a week and I still get pimples you could ski down. Awesome).And i notice here that i apparently have grown a bust but not hips to match. Odd. And I'm wearing Monkey's rugby shorts because I AM THE QUEEN OF STYLE. Yes. Shadap.
Love this top, glad it's over. There is a lot of knitting in one of these. It doesn't look like it but.. yeah. BORING. Nice top though. I'll try and get Monkey to take a better snap for me, but don't hold your breath... am having a 'I'm the most hideous person in the world' kind-a day and i don't know if my cranky brain will permit the kind of photo monkey takes (ie. "but honey, your curves are GORGEOUS" snap snap snap)

So having finished this drain of a project I am sort of at a loss. I knit some more of Mum's cardigan (how did i not buy more of this yarn...? It is UNBELIEVEABLE).For the record, in case I didn't mention it enough, it's Naturally Me (80% Merino/20% cashmere). it's soft, drapey, and a really nice springy yarn. It sheds a little cashmere, but I forgive it and it has the loveliest halo. I have 10 balls of a really rich dark purple and i have NO idea what they want to be... but i am now really looking forward to finding out!
Beautiful as it is, however, it's not ideal weather to be knitting with cashmere (32 degrees C yesterday).

So i cast on Coachella. I don't know if i love this pattern. I'm using Wendy aran cotton and it's lovely but I'm not totally in the zone with this yet (refer back to mention of 'ugly' day and wonder if this is my self- esteem talking: can i wear this?). And you know, cotton hurts my hands and i don't knit quite as quickly with it.. And i have a little voice asking me if i have enough yarn. So, we'll see. It's interesting construction so even if i have to frog it, it can't hurt my brain any to have made it.

Hope everyone oz is enjoying their extra day of weekend. Pity me as i banish house-monsters and prepare for rental inspection (and absolutely sneak in a heinous amount of knitting time - still me here folks...)

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2008 9:53 am, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Vanessa is just lovely. And it's not blurry, it's soft focus - so flattering. ;)

     
  • At January 28, 2008 10:20 am, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Its a great top!!! You should get heaps of wear as those aircon can get cold at school(I presume you have them? some schools closer to the coast dont...)Its stylish and the colours neat!!!!

     
  • At January 28, 2008 11:35 am, Blogger Bron said…

    aaaaaaaaaaah Vanessa is beautiful on!!!

     
  • At January 28, 2008 12:43 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Vanessa suits you, looks fab!!! Air con in schools??? No such thing in our schools no matter how hot it gets!!
    Hope you are feeling more self-esteemy now. Truly, I am glad there is no camera phone at my house- sometimes I wear greens that don't match. Together!!!!

     
  • At January 28, 2008 11:14 pm, Blogger AR said…

    Very cute! I like how it fits. :)

     
  • At January 31, 2008 8:31 am, Blogger catsmum said…

    Love the Vanessa - that colour is just perfect and VERY flattering.
    With the new one though - well ... clever as the design truly is, I'm not convinced about summer styled tops in thicker weight threads. The Lotus Tank I made in Bendy's 8 ply is too thick to wear in hot weather. I'd be inclined to rejig the numbers, follow a larger size, and knit it in something a little thinner [ I'd never say this if it was finished but as you've barely started ... ]

     
  • At January 31, 2008 8:32 am, Blogger catsmum said…

    and I totally think someone as young and teeny as you can pull that design off - if you can't, who could ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home