BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, January 19, 2008

almost cool enough to wear this sweater

It rained all night. My garden is loving it, i have a decent crop of tomatos and some zucchini and squash ready, as well as my roses which only seem to open after it's rained.
It's been so pleasant, i feel no guilt really hunkering down with a couple of lame dvds and finishing this mohair cowl sweater thing. This might be partially because it doesnt overheat my lap at the moment. I finished the sleeves yesterday (after a slight issue brought about by a foggy mind: i knit the sleeves the the required length before the shaping... and then realised i hadn't done enough increasing. SO after glaring at it for a while i frogged them back about 10 inches and reknit them. There may have been swearing. Fortunately, on 6mm needles at any rate, studio mohair frogs pretty easily) (also, i know this blocking looks kinda... pointy. It's really just so they dont roll too much while i'm sewing up)
I am currently knitting the cowl (in the round rather than back and forth to be seamed later - that's a seam i don't want to risk being lumpt or visible... plus this way i dont have to purl) after sewing the shoulder seams. Should i finish it today AND have access to someone who can point the camera at me, you might have some pics this evening.

Am i the only sick-o around who actually enjoys seaming? Pass the champagne.

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2008 9:20 am, Blogger Michelle said…

    Not to sure about the seaming, but I'm the only one of my quilting friends who gets their rocks off doing the quilt binding.

    It's really taking shape now! Not long to go! And it's a lovely day for sitting on the couch,listening to the rain and playing with yarn.

     
  • At January 19, 2008 10:14 am, Blogger 2paw said…

    I like seaming: hate sewing in ends but I really like seaming with the Mattress stitch. Love the jumper. You are the only Ravelrarian making it.
    It is raining here a little bit, cool-ish change but not cool enough for a jumper.

     
  • At January 19, 2008 11:20 am, Blogger m1k1 said…

    That is so pretty. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home