BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

check up

Regular readers will know that this Spider has a tendency to be... well... less than well. Migraines, black dogs, girly cramps, insomnia... I'm one great bundle of laughs.
Yesterday, finally, i went to see my Doctor. I have been trying for a while but he happens to be very popular... and i go on cancellation lists but no-one calls me back.
So i had the hideous two-yearly girly check-up and a boobola exam (tires kicked, peered at, prodded, proclaimed "healthy") and was then told that as my black dog has not run away, despite school finishing and stress disappearing... i have to double my happy pills.
I hate altering the dose of my happy pills. HATE IT. It means I'm going to be dizzy and nauseaus for a few days, won't sleep for a week and probably wont be able to concentrate on anything I actually want to do. fun fun. I know it's better to deal with it while I'm on holiday, rather than during the first few weeks of probationary teaching.. but man! I just want the best holiday ever and this is pissing me off.

Fortunately i suppose, i had a parcel arrive from getknitted yesterday. Two balls of opal 6ply in the rainforest range and a ball of tofutsies. yummeh. You are looking (from L to R) at Tiger, Parrot and One foot in front of the other. Now that I've got what i wanted i can mention that getknitted has TOFUtsies for sale. and they have wicked-fast shipping. just saying. If you haven't ventured there before... it's worth it. if only for the drool factor. Trust the spider.
Monkey informed me (midway through secretly killing myself with his Doktorfisch slipped-stitch rib socks) that his favourite socks ever are his 6-ply basic chameleon socks. As they were very quick and easy i was pleased, but considering how many socks i have made him out of 4-ply... also a little annoyed. Luckily, getknitted still has it on sale so i bought some more, and unless my brain clears significantly, i think that 6-ply socks are it today.

yesterday i did some spinning. This is Sarsparilla from Fibreworks and it is ridiculously velvety merino wool. *drool* I've been saving this particular 100g bag of sliver for a while and yesterday i halved it and spun half. I spun a very fine single and then navajo plied it to maintain colour blocks. It's a soft, 3ply sock yarn. It is also so beautiful it makes me want to weep. The other half of the sliver will be treated in the same manner, and i WILL finish spinning the lot of it BEFORE i knit it (i've done this before and it took me 18 months to get around to spinning for the second sock... and i only finished THAT sock two days ago). You are all burdened with the sacred duty of keeping me honest. *taps on shoulder with addi turbos* Rise oh knights of the needles!
Sadly, with an addled mind i really cant be sure my single will stay fine and consistent enough, so simple dum-dum stocking st is probably the best idea for today. If only i had the mental capacity to choose.. Tiger or Parrot?

Peace out
Ms Spider xo

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2008 12:47 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    Go the parrot - if only to keep commenters with long memories and little brain entertained with ways of getting the Parrot Sketch into the comments.

    It's a complete bugger about the meds - evil, holiday snathers.

    The handspund is divine, though. Probably worth waiting until the head clears a little to spin it successfully. :)

     
  • At January 09, 2008 3:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hang in there Spidey. hang in there.

     
  • At January 09, 2008 6:44 pm, Blogger DrK said…

    i want to weep over that hand spun as well. gorgeous. have a good weep about everything else as well, it helps. xx

     
  • At January 09, 2008 11:38 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Oh I hope you feel doubly happy soon. I am a bit innured to poking and doctoring by now: I expect this averages out my lifetime medical treatment: First 40 years? hardly any , next 5 years? 47 thousand million visits!!!
    Oh I hve never seen the 6ply Rainforest, I like The Parrot too!!

     
  • At January 10, 2008 8:17 am, Blogger Georgie said…

    Just gorgeous handspun. Im (almost) speechless.

    Hang in there with the meds. Yell if you need a shoulder.

     
  • At January 10, 2008 11:26 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Look after yourself, my friend!

    And lovely handspun! I'm in total lust!

     
  • At January 11, 2008 5:48 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Parrot - more cheerful.

    Your spinning is gorgeous.

    Chin up, girl

    Kate - no stranger to the Black Dog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home