BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Monday, December 17, 2007

listing

1. I'm not sleeping again. I don't know why. I'm not particularly stressed, certainly not more stressed than usual. Just.. not sleeping. And if i do i have crazy dreams that exhaust me. this is making me cranky and increasingly less amused with my Monkey's usually hilarious sleep-talking episodes. I dont think i'm much fun to live with at the moment.

2. I graduate tomorrow. I didn't want to go but my grandmother would never forgive me if i took this away from her... and i think my parents are a little excited.

3. there are four days of school left. Thank Guinness. and the kids are nuts this week... they know all their assessment is over and we cant make 'em do a darn thing!

4. Monkey has been nominated for a CAT award (watch out, the website claps so turn your speakers off) for his performance as the Scarecrow in the Ickle Pickle production of the Wizard of Oz earlier this year. He is somewhat excited, it's fair to say. He's not shaking any more but is still pretty buzzy (it's Best Actor, are we surprised?)

5. I have just created a new self-striping colourway of sock yarn, i think i'm calling it 'Gothic Princess'. It stripes from black, violet, purple, plum, deep deep pink and back again. I don't know if it's going to be a frequent occurrence because it takes heaps of dye and lots of work... but it IS very pretty.

6. I've been spinning my latest EGMTK fibre... Optim, mmmmm tasty! The colourway is 'Fleece Navidad' and came with the cutest sheepy tag ever.

7. Have also been knitting a secret project for my Monkey for Christmas. Am making reasonable progress considering i can't knit it at home when he's home and we work the same hours. Worst case scenario: i knit all day christmas eve when he's doing hideous shift of doom.

8. It's official: i'm fat and ugly. Just to clarify, I've attempted to buy myself some new clothes twice in the last four days and not found a thing that sits well on me. I dont know if its the current styles not suiting me, a general shoddy workmanship at the places i can afford or just my own mutating body but i'm getting the shopping blues. I know i'm not huge or anything... i'd just like to find a blouse that doesnt make me look pregnant or like a giant sausage. is that too much to ask?

9. My christmas shopping is done. Unless i trip over something perfect for someone i love... i dont need to buy any more.

10. I've run out of things to say. Peace out.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2007 9:31 am, Blogger Denise said…

    (((hugs))) Spidey - bugger about not sleeping, that's never good, and makes everything harder. And no, you're NOT fat, you just have a more womanly figure, and yes clothes designers are - on the whole - idiots.

    Hope the graduation ceremony goes well today - it IS good to go - I wasn't allowed time off work (!!!) to attend my husband's graduation, and I've always regretted it.

    Yay for impending holidays! And a huge congratulations to Monkey for his nomination - VERY exciting!

    PS you KNOW who wants that Gothic Princess yarn, don't you ;)

     
  • At December 18, 2007 11:10 am, Blogger DrK said…

    thanks for the giggle. i know it doesnt help that you feeling like crap makes other people laugh. but its WITH you not at you. it is a terrible fact of life that being in love and living with your beloved makes you curvy. its a sign of happiness. its also much more sexy. and its not you, its the designers. all clothes this summer are stupid maternity-like pieces of cheap cotton that look good only on stick insects. and whats with the footless tights? gees. as for that gothic. um, hello?!!! where do i join the queue :)

     
  • At December 18, 2007 2:22 pm, Blogger Silky_dd said…

    its definately the clothes this summer hon. the designers seem to have forgotten that normal people (ie ones who buy clothes) have these interesting things called hips and bottoms and boobs and stomachs. and your yarn is very very pretty!

     
  • At December 18, 2007 3:25 pm, Blogger Olivia said…

    Congrats on graduating. I didn't go to mine and occasionally I think maybe I should have. I love the gothic princess yarn. Got any for sale?

     
  • At December 18, 2007 10:05 pm, Blogger Taphophile said…

    So pleased for the Monkey *beams*. Hope it went well today - was thinking of you. :)

     
  • At December 19, 2007 8:37 am, Blogger missfee said…

    good luck with graduation - and don't worry about the clothes thing - this current fashion is not for everyone and some years it heads in a direction that doesn't suit - try looking in shops you wouldn't normally - even at the more affordable end of the market the different sets of shops have different cutters and blocks which suit some and not others - otherwise put it down to too much of a good time I am finishing uni thing and it's xmas

    happy festive season

     

Post a Comment

<< Home