BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Thursday, November 22, 2007

breaking weather

Nothing like a good rainfall the lift the spirits.
Of course, the kids are nuts because the weather changed and they have to stay out of the rain at recess and lunch. That is precisely as much fun as it sounds like it is.

At work the other day a woman said something totally bitchy to me and it through me into a tail-spin. I mean, i can be rational and see that it was her being unprofessional and that the thing she was calling me on (playing solitaire on the computer during my line off) was totally ridiculous because i came in 2 1/2 hours before i started being paid so i could make it to a welfare meeting for one of my students, i was playing solitaire BEFORE i started being paid for the day, i'm on top of my planning, reports and marking. But I guess I'm still used to the job security issues you have as an under-paid casual retail assistant, where one bitchy comment from a manager can stuff you up permanently. So that's been stressing me out a bit. This is one of the things i don't get about other people.. and it seems to be women more than men. The need to play social power games, to bully, to be so downright poisonous. I try SO hard not to pass on my bad mood to anyone else and then there are these people who just sail through life saying every stupid, bitchy, meaningless thing that comes into their heads!
Other than that incident and the understandable hangover of worthlessness and fury that followed, work has been ok this week. The heat and now the rain has made for some quite manic kids.. but i'm still standing and am eye-to-eye with a Friday so i think i'll be ok.

In knitting news i"ve been mostly focused on the drop-stitch tank. The yarn is glorious! I'm onto the back piece and now i have to knit in 2x2 ribbing for... oh forever. But then it's done, as soon as i find some buttons. Speaking of buttons, i must have moved here and left my button box behind because i can't find it for the life of me! I have never in my life before been unable to locate three matching 1cm buttons!

And of course the election is on saturday. People. Seriously. Enough already with John Howard. The man is a small-minded, bigoted weiner with the wit and verve of a porridge sandwich (who believes tampons to be a 'luxury item'). Move on, for everyone's sake.

Peace out,
Ms Spider

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At November 23, 2007 11:00 am, Blogger Kate said…

    It is amazing how one catty remark like that can have such a destructive effect - more so than a compliment. This week has seen a few tetchy situations like that for me and I now respond straight back. Not very adult I know but at least I don't carry the resentment inside as I used to.

     
  • At November 23, 2007 11:01 am, Blogger Kate said…

    "a small-minded, bigoted weiner with the wit and verve of a porridge sandwich (who believes tampons to be a 'luxury item')"

    Love that!!

     
  • At November 24, 2007 3:42 pm, Blogger Neet said…

    Yeah, it's easier said than done to not let other people's pettiness get to you isn't it?
    I can relate to the relief in the weather change... The kids at the child care centre were all being a bit weird earlier in the week with all the heat and humidity. Strange how the weather affects their collective mood so much. But then I spose it affects ours a lot too!
    The tank looks great :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home