BeatleWear

knitting and the life I almost have around it

Saturday, January 26, 2008

happy dance!

Vanessa is finished! Is bloody well finished!
I couldn't be happier, this really was a trial. I tried it on and it fits well, the colour suits me... all good. Of course i didnt think to snap a quick self-photo in the bathroom mirror so this is as good as it gets until it dries (it did need a block to smooth the fabric out a bit). One blurry pic that shows the colour nicely.And a flash one so you don't think i can't take any decent pics. It's not as stumpy as it appears, the ribbed band is pinned down the front of the couch so it's an optical illusion. Fun.


tra la la la la la la la laaaaa!

Apart from a quick drop-in from quiltingmick (had some yarn for her) I have had the day blissfully and totally to myself. The housemonsters are in the process of moving out and I haven't seen them since about 9 this morning. Monkey has been at work since 10 ish. Today has really made me appreciate how much saner I will be once it's just the two of us.
I'm tired of tripping over other people's stuff.
Of cleaning up other peoples messes.
Of dealing with other people's bed-times and shreaking laughter at 12.45am.
The weird way they always hang up ALL their clothes inside, in the communal living areas.
The way one meal for them manages to use every piece of cook-ware in the house and smell bizarre.
Using my hair-straightener and leaving product on it.
Using our salt, pepper, spices (not to mention the fact that they actually packed and took away our pepper grinder... luckily useless).
The incense during the day when the house is locked up and I'm nauseaus.
The cups used to trap spiders and left around the house (with spider) for days.
The loud music as soon as they wake up.
The way they take our parking space (Monkey says this is an irrational annoyance) and block the gate and when they discover they can't open it THEY TAKE THEIR BIKES AND THE BINS OUT THROUGH THE HOUSE OVER THE CARPET!!!
The way our tea gets drunk and they replace it with an inferior brand (which none of us end up drinking).
The fact that twice have a injured myself of pieces of OUR crockery/glasswear that THEY have broken (not told us about) and then faild to clean up properly.

I could go on. In the interests of not boring all you fine ladies to tears, I shall stop.

Winston thought it was a little warm today.
No, he is not suffering from mange, he is in fact part-way through a mercy clip. He is already much friskier than before: can you imagine wearing a fur coat at this time of year? He's a bit too young to pluck so a rough clip it is. I doubt i will be able to spin this fleece, it's very short and choppy. But as I'm about to go back to work and the buns will no longer be inside with me in the cool all day i thought I'd better do what i can to reduce his stress.

Peace out
Ms Spider

PS. Aussies, enjoy the long weekend.
PPS. Housemonsters, should you read this: I'm sure you have a list this long about us. Let's stop pretending everyone isnt relieved you're moving and be adult. This way we'll actually stay friends!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At January 26, 2008 9:25 pm, Blogger My Five Sons said…

    Way to go girl,just think of the peace and quiet!!!!

     
  • At January 27, 2008 6:54 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    I don't think I could share a house again - (It's enough having to share with children!) Enjoy the blessed quiet!

     
  • At January 27, 2008 2:02 pm, Blogger Denise said…

    Gorgeous top, you are such a fast knitter!!

    Enjoy having your place to yourselves - it's very hard to share a home, even with good friends.

     
  • At January 27, 2008 4:28 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    I Definitely couldn't share a house again. I am too old and set in my ways!!! Except for Labradors of course!!! Vanessa looks fantastic and you got so much knitting from one ball.Winston looks like he's auditioning to be an Alpha Lion!!! Do you go back to school soon? here teachers (Officially) go back on 11th February.

     
  • At January 27, 2008 6:49 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    Once you go housemate-free, you'll never go back! It's wonderful having your own space.

    Thanks again for the yarn! I've been eyeing it off for the last 24 hours, but I'm not allowed to touch it until I finished the last two show projects!

     
  • At January 28, 2008 6:36 am, Blogger AR said…

    Congrats on finishing your sweater. It looks great. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home